+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballard Waived

Re: Ballard Waived

Wow. That's a surprise. I really liked him.

I wonder why they waived Ballard but not Beckum

All-Pro

Not surprised. That was a major injury he suffered I the Super Bowl. He may not be ready until the start of the 2013 season.

Team took their physicals today didn't they? I wonder if he's further back in rehab than hoped.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I wonder why they waived Ballard but not Beckum[/quote]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a type of situation where you have to waive/injured a player in the offseason to put them on IR (much like we had to do with Chad Jones in previous years)?

Either way, I don't think we'll have to worry about a team picking him up off waivers/as a FA when he likely won't play this season. If his knee checks out he may end up being a Giant in '13.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I wonder why they waived Ballard but not Beckum[/quote]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a type of situation where you have to waive/injured a player in the offseason to put them on IR (much like we had to do with Chad Jones in previous years)?

Either way, I don't think we'll have to worry about a team picking him up off waivers/as a FA when he likely won't play this season. If his knee checks out he may end up being a Giant in '13.
    [/quote]
    Yes, it appears he didn't pass the physical. Too bad.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I wonder why they waived Ballard but not Beckum[/quote]

[/quote]They will bring him back im sure

yea I think they will, this will allow them to have the freedom to do what they want but also sign him back for cheaper etc. It sucks and unlucky but it happens...now the question is who do we sign to take his place....

[quote user="DEgiants89"]yea I think they will, this will allow them to have the freedom to do what they want but also sign him back for cheaper etc. It sucks and unlucky but it happens...now the question is who do we sign to take his place....
    [/quote]

there are 4 tight ends on the roster...what makes you think anyone will be signed other than possibly bodies for camp?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"