+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Statement from Diehl

I've worked hard during my career to set a positive example, and yesterday I fell far short of this standard.

Re: Statement from Diehl

I apologize to my family, my fans, my teammates, the New York Giants, and the NFL.

I made a poor decision that I sincerely regret, and, as always, take full responsibility for my actions.

What else can you ask? The legal system will handle the sentencing and that will probably include some community service.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Finally handle the Osi thing and get this. Wow guess we got to keep it interesting. Never expect this from Diehl but at least you know he is going to bounce back and be a better player on and off the field.

[quote user="G-ManSB42"]Finally handle the Osi thing and get this. Wow guess we got to keep it interesting. Never expect this from Diehl but at least you know he is going to bounce back and be a better player on and off the field.[/quote]

It seems he's taking responsibility for his actions and that's all we can realistically expect. The rest is out of his hands. I suspect his teammates will support him as he would them.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="G-ManSB42"]Finally handle the Osi thing and get this. Wow guess we got to keep it interesting. Never expect this from Diehl but at least you know he is going to bounce back and be a better player on and off the field.[/quote]

It seems he's taking responsibility for his actions and that's all we can realistically expect. The rest is out of his hands. I suspect his teammates will support him as he would them.
    [/quote]

The attitude someone displays after they make a mistake tells you more about that person than the mistake itself. I expect that DD will earn some forgiveness through the way he accepts responsibility and atones for his actions.

Diehl is a good guy just made a terrible decision. Being a star athlete and veteran he should know to set a better example but what's done is done and he's sorry it happened.

Even though athletes have millions of dollars for transportation service they are still human and make mistakes just like the rest of us.

First last time occurrence for Diehl.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Diehl is a good guy just made a terrible decision. Being a star athlete and veteran he should know to set a better example but what's done is done and he's sorry it happened.

Even though athletes have millions of dollars for transportation service they are still human and make mistakes just like the rest of us.

First last time occurrence for Diehl.
    [/quote]

I mostly agree, however, people with millions of dollars don't necessary have to spend on transportation services and usually just spend like the rest of us.

We know Diehl is a nice guy and he just made a mistake.

Also, funny as it seems, I think that bar may get into some trouble because they should have cut him off from more alcohol at some point and should not have let Diehl drive while intoxicated.

Thank goodness no one was hurt besides some parked cars. Hopefully, Diehl's punishment will be lite and he'll be good to go for the season.

[quote user="chasjay"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="G-ManSB42"]Finally handle the Osi thing and get this. Wow guess we got to keep it interesting. Never expect this from Diehl but at least you know he is going to bounce back and be a better player on and off the field.[/quote]

[/quote]

The attitude someone displays after they make a mistake tells you more about that person than the mistake itself. I expect that DD will earn some forgiveness through the way he accepts responsibility and atones for his actions.
    [/quote]

It will definitely matter in the eyes of the Court. Accepting responsibility for and the consequences of your actions is the approach to take.