+ Reply to Thread

Diehl unlikely to be suspended, but fined.

Ralph Vacchiano tweeted: "David Diehl is unlikely to face a suspension for his DUI. More likely is a fine of one game check, w/a maximum of $50,000. #NYG"

Re: Diehl unlikely to be suspended, but fined.

Players get suspended for four games for smoking pot; but no suspension for DWI demo derby, pretty strange to me. Nothing against David Deihl, he's one of my favorite Giants, I'm simply saying it's a pretty bizarre policy. Pot is not a performance enhancing drug. It's not nearly as dangerous as booze and driving.

Pretty crappy that the NFL ended the free rides home for intoxicated players. They all make enough money to afford a cab; but that policy made it even clearer, if you're drinking don't drive home, period.

[quote user="NorwoodBlue"]Players get suspended for four games for smoking pot; but no suspension for DWI demo derby, pretty strange to me.* Nothing against David Deihl, he's one of my favorite Giants, I'm simply saying it's a pretty bizarre policy.* Pot is not a performance enhancing drug.* It's not nearly as dangerous as booze and driving.*

Pretty crappy that the NFL ended the free rides home for intoxicated players. * They all make enough money to afford a cab; but that policy made it even clearer, if you're drinking don't drive home, period.
    [/quote]

Ending that program might have something to do with why there is no suspension. It sounds a whole lot more stupid if a player gets a DUI when they can get a free cab anywhere...

[quote user="NorwoodBlue"]Players get suspended for four games for smoking pot; but no suspension for DWI demo derby, pretty strange to me.* Nothing against David Deihl, he's one of my favorite Giants, I'm simply saying it's a pretty bizarre policy.* Pot is not a performance enhancing drug.* It's not nearly as dangerous as booze and driving.*

Pretty crappy that the NFL ended the free rides home for intoxicated players. * They all make enough money to afford a cab; but that policy made it even clearer, if you're drinking don't drive home, period.
    [/quote]

Last time I checked alcohol beverage was legal to purchase in New York but maryjowana wasn't. Has the law been changed since I left NY in 1969?

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="NorwoodBlue"]Players get suspended for four games for smoking pot; but no suspension for DWI demo derby, pretty strange to me. Nothing against David Deihl, he's one of my favorite Giants, I'm simply saying it's a pretty bizarre policy. Pot is not a performance enhancing drug. It's not nearly as dangerous as booze and driving.

Pretty crappy that the NFL ended the free rides home for intoxicated players. They all make enough money to afford a cab; but that policy made it even clearer, if you're drinking don't drive home, period.
    [/quote]

Last time I checked alcohol beverage was legal to purchase in New York but maryjowana wasn't. Has the law been changed since I left NY in 1969?[/quote]

Not yet.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="NorwoodBlue"]Players get suspended for four games for smoking pot; but no suspension for DWI demo derby, pretty strange to me. Nothing against David Deihl, he's one of my favorite Giants, I'm simply saying it's a pretty bizarre policy. Pot is not a performance enhancing drug. It's not nearly as dangerous as booze and driving.

[/quote]

Although I agree with what you are saying by principle (legalize it!) pot is still an illegal drug and it's considered more of a criminal act than a traffic violation. Not that I agree with that sentiment.

Driving drunk is definitely the worse of two evils in my opinion, but both are pretty irresponsible.