+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Travis Beckum will run today, 4 months after ACL tear

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ill-run-today/

I'm not a big fan of his. but this is good news, considering its only been 4 months. Hope to see him week 1, but doubtful.

Re: Travis Beckum will run today, 4 months after ACL tear

Something just doesnt add up with this,isnt Mendonhall still out with the same injury that Beckham suffered.It just seems to me he's rushing back way too soon from this.The Giants maybe need to slow him down a little bit,this has setback or re-tear written all over it

[quote user="cornerback30"]Something just doesnt add up with this,isnt Mendonhall still out with the same injury that Beckham suffered.It just seems to me he's rushing back way too soon from this.The Giants maybe need to slow him down a little bit,this has setback or re-tear written all over it[/quote]The degree I the injury could be different, and people heal differently.

Hopefully no set backs, but the more Beckum can play, practice, cut, and run on it, the faster he will return to 100%. If he has a set back though, he's never been a huge factor for us anyway, so his absence won't be terribly missed.

[quote user="cornerback30"]Something just doesnt add up with this,isnt Mendonhall still out with the same injury that Beckham suffered.It just seems to me he's rushing back way too soon from this.The Giants maybe need to slow him down a little bit,this has setback or re-tear written all over it[/quote]

some ACL tears are worse than others. This may just have been a partial tear, as opposed to a complete tear. Giants always take their time with injuries. the fact that hes out there running today is a great sign. BTW, hes not gonna be cutting, just straight line running. All is goood.

All-Pro

good news ... yeah his job is on the line, so while he couldnt do this without the Drs. clearing him ... i bet he is highly motivated to save his NFL career

[quote user="G-Man67"]good news ... yeah his job is on the line, so while he couldnt do this without the Drs. clearing him ... i bet he is highly motivated to save his NFL career[/quote]

You mean the free ride he's had with the GMEN, time for him to earn his money!

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="cornerback30"]Something just doesnt add up with this,isnt Mendonhall still out with the same injury that Beckham suffered.It just seems to me he's rushing back way too soon from this.The Giants maybe need to slow him down a little bit,this has setback or re-tear written all over it[/quote]

some ACL tears are worse than others. This may just have been a partial tear, as opposed to a complete tear. Giants always take their time with injuries. the fact that hes out there running today is a great sign. BTW, hes not gonna be cutting, just straight line running. All is goood.
    [/quote]

It must have been a slight tear. I didn't think it was possible for someone to be running 4 months after that surgery.

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[quote user="G-Man67"]good news ... yeah his job is on the line, so while he couldnt do this without the Drs. clearing him ... i bet he is highly motivated to save his NFL career[/quote]

You mean the free ride he's had with the GMEN, time for him to earn his money!

[/quote]

RUN TRAVIS RUN!!! F. Gump

Veteran

I miss being young. You heal from anything in a few weeks.

[quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="cornerback30"]Something just doesnt add up with this,isnt Mendonhall still out with the same injury that Beckham suffered.It just seems to me he's rushing back way too soon from this.The Giants maybe need to slow him down a little bit,this has setback or re-tear written all over it[/quote]

[/quote]

It must have been a slight tear. I didn't think it was possible for someone to be running 4 months after that surgery.[/quote]

It might have not even been a tear with that rate of recovery... maybe just an overextension sprain or something...
    Andre the Giant