+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Belicheat Creates More Than A Rivalry

Motives unclear, BB takes a 2012 sit-out injured TE off waivers when he already has two under contract. Is this for a Brady led 3 TE offense, or because he is "small" enough to be similar to a back end of a horse because he's lost two SBs to the Giants. He's already alienated the Jets with Spy-Cheat and now the Giants in an unexplainable move. Is he, "If I can't beat them, I'll break up the team." "I'll get even, you'll see." "It's my ball if I can't play I'm taking it home."Another annoying thing about that franchise up there, does that owner ever change that ridiculous blue shirt and the necktie that seems painted on it?
    This move is lacking in professionalism because the claiming is not a to fill a need

Re: Belicheat Creates More Than A Rivalry

They signed Bo Scaife a week ago.

They signed Daniel Fells to a 3 year deal two months ago.

So this season they carry four active TEs, plus Ballard on IR, then next season they let Scaife go and Ballard becomes their #4 TE I suppose.

Come on, why are all these accusations being levelled at Belichick? Is there proof that he orchestrated it?
    Coaches don't sign the cheques.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Come on, why are all these accusations being levelled at Belichick? Is there proof that he orchestrated it?
    Coaches don't sign the cheques.[/quote]

well BB is the GM of the patriots too. He is the one making roster moves.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Flip Empty"]Come on, why are all these accusations being levelled at Belichick? Is there proof that he orchestrated it?
    Coaches don't sign the cheques.[/quote]

well BB is the GM of the patriots too. He is the one making
    roster moves.[/quote]
    Hah, wow. I actually didn't know that. That explains why I drew a complete blank when trying to think who their GM was.

My bad. Ignore me.

This thread is absolutely idiotic.

First, **** unwritten rules. I feel the same way when some wussy team cries about another team running up the score on them. If the Giants relied on the good will and honor of 31 other teams to get Ballard through waivers then shame on them.

Second, you really think that Belicheck picked up Ballard, whowill not even play this year, just to spite the Giants? Please explain how this makes any sense at all.

IMO this move is insurance for 2013. They just made Gronk the highest paid TE in history which means they won't be able to hold on to Hernandez.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

All-Pro

the Patriots had more total yards by TEs than any team in the league, so they clearly don't need Ballard ... the move was not done for any football reasons

but i'll take 2 Super Bowl trophies over a seriously injured TE

Rivalry is a strong word. It could be a rivalry if they beat us more.

It'd be funny if we end up getting hernandez. I'd take Ballard for Hernandez lol.