+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Last Time Reese Gambled and Lost?????

Reese took a calculated riskby placingBallard on waivers and lost. It seems to me though, that more often than not, Reese's calculated risks pay off.

That got me trying to think of other times where Reese took a risk and lost . . . . . .

The big one I remember was going into the 2009 season with only 3 safeties on the active roster . . . . KP, Michael Johnson and good 'ole CC.After KP went down for the season, our defense didn't have a chance.

Can anyone else think of any time(s) that Reese took a risk and lost?

Re: Last Time Reese Gambled and Lost?????

That's about all I can think of, too.

well before cruz emerged last season, one could argue reese was losing in the "making sure our WR situation was good."

we didnt need to bring in anyone, then we did, then we bring in stokely, then stokely injures himself, than hixon injures himself, than kg says he thinks cruz can step up. then cruz stepped up.

jr won the war, but the thought of many was his risk on the wr corp last season would fail...

All-Pro

well 1st you don't lose until JB puts up a season with NE that, at least, equates to the season he had with us

just b/c we wanted him to clear waivers, doesn't mean we lost yet ... NE probably has a better chance of losing if Ballard can't totally come back or is injured again ... not to mention ... what role would he even have with them ... they had more TE yards than any team in the league ... seems like they just wanted to zing us ... i'll keep the trophies ... they can have one of our injured players

Allowing Bradshaw to test the free agency waters was one of his ballsiest. Can't think of another where he came off second best though.

Dropping a 2nd rounder on Sinorice Moss? Ha

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Allowing Bradshaw to test the free agency waters was one of his ballsiest. Can't think of another where he came off second best though.

Dropping a 2nd rounder on Sinorice Moss? Ha[/quote]Wasn't that EA?

[quote user="G-Man67"]

well 1st you don't lose until JB puts up a season with NE that, at least, equates to the season he had with us

just b/c we wanted him to clear waivers, doesn't mean we lost yet ... NE probably has a better chance of losing if Ballard can't totally come back or is injured again ... not to mention ... what role would he even have with them ... they had more TE yards than any team in the league ... seems like they just wanted to zing us ... i'll keep the trophies ... they can have one of our injured players

[/quote]

Excellent point.

All-Pro

What about trading for Sage Rosenfels and Darius Reynaud in 2010 for a 5th round pick?

All-Pro

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Flip Empty"]Allowing Bradshaw to test the free agency waters was one of his ballsiest. Can't think of another where he came off second best though. Dropping a 2nd rounder on Sinorice Moss? Ha[/quote]Wasn't that EA?[/quote]

Yeah that was EA. Reese's worst draft pick was Sintim in the 2nd or Barden / Beckum in the 3rd.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Flip Empty"]Allowing Bradshaw to test the free agency waters was one of his ballsiest. Can't think of another where he came off second best though. Dropping a 2nd rounder on Sinorice Moss? Ha[/quote]Wasn't that EA?[/quote]

Yes . . . we actually moved up in the second to get him too. Ouch.