+ Reply to Thread

Ballard options next year

So they say their are no stupid questions.

Can Ballard will pull an Eli and not want to play for the pats. Why
    would he want to be on that roster? He knows with the people in front of
    him he will never see the field.

Is there a chance we get him back anyway?

Re: Ballard options next year

I am not an expert on this stuff but why would he risk his career and refuse to play for a team. His agent would strongly advise against it. Coming back from an injury is hard enough, I don't see him jeopardizing his career to try to play for the Giants when there is no guarantee he will get picked up by the Giants. Would the Giants even want a player like that?

I just could not even see bothering to be on a roster with tons of other people ahead of you. You will end up like shockey angry warming benches.

As I see it, Ballard did not hurt his earning potential being productive on a Superbowl winning team. He cannot stand on that alone. It would be in his best interest to properly heal and then try to earn a spot on the Patriots team to further market himself. IT IS A BUSINESS!!!!!!

Bench Player

[quote user="Breezely"]As I see it, Ballard did not hurt his earning potential being productive on a Superbowl winning team. He cannot stand on that alone. It would be in his best interest to properly heal and then try to earn a spot on the Patriots team to further market himself. IT IS A BUSINESS!!!!!![/quote]+1 +1 +1. By all account, Ballard liked it here so I am sure he is disappointed to be gone. But he isn't going to sabotage his entire career and behave in such a childish, spiteful manner.

Jake Ballard will be fine. He has went to a great organization that is sure to be in the hunt in the postseason. Highly likely that since NE Patriots gave big contracts out to Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski that they will not be able to keep Hernandez after this season and that means that Jake Ballard should have a nice role on that team in 2013 season.

I think Marcellus Bennet is going to come through for us and start living up to his potential. If that haooens we are not going to miss Jake Ballard.

[quote user="appodictic"]So they say their are no stupid questions.

Can Ballard will pull an Eli and not want to play for the pats. Why
    would he want to be on that roster? He knows with the people in front of
    him he will never see the field.

Is there a chance we get him back anyway?
    [/quote]
    Chances are the Pats only have one TE next season and Ballard gets to play. I don't know why he wouldn't want to play for them - they're contenders every year.

Refusing to play would be silly. Not a chance it happens.

Ballard's only option is to get back out on the field and re-establish himself as a player. He has to prove to everyone that he is back!

As Giant fans we arent fond of the Pats but they are run well organization. If Jake could of ended up anywhere else there or the Steelers would be the best place to land. This is all on Jerry Reese. pretty foolish not to keep him until later into training camp when it would of been harder for a team to claim him. Especially when the team essentially owns Ballards rights through 2015.For A team this close to the cap to have players locked up for multiple years that can start making the vet min not a very good move. Unless they think his knee is really messed and they think there is a min chance he plays again

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]As Giant fans we arent fond of the Pats but they are run well organization. If Jake could of ended up anywhere else there or the Steelers would be the best place to land. This is all on Jerry Reese. pretty foolish not to keep him until later into training camp when it would of been harder for a team to claim him. Especially when the team essentially owns Ballards rights through 2015.For A team this close to the cap to have players locked up for multiple years that can start making the vet min not a very good move. Unless they think his knee is really messed and they think there is a min chance he plays again[/quote]

Well said. I will miss Ballard as much as anyone, but this waiver wire pickup is as good as it gets for him.