+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Eli hate will forever run strong.

I am now convinced that no matter what Eli does, he will always have to prove himself the following season. Its to the point now where the media is trying to cause debate within our team.

Its a team game and I hope JPP doesnt buy into the the hype and stays focused on the task at hand this up coming season. I know eli will.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...module=HP11_cp
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Re: The Eli hate will forever run strong.

People would probably be gushing over Eli if he were not related to Peyton. But some refuse to see anything but "little brother". Being a guy that plays the game of football and not the game of media star also contributes somewhat...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

[quote user="Marvelousmik"]I am now convinced that no matter what Eli does, he will always have to prove himself the following season. Its to the point now where the media is trying to cause debate within our team.

Its a team game and I hope JPP doesnt buy into the the hype and stays focused on the task at hand this up coming season. I know eli will.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...module=HP11_cp[/quote]

IMO, JPP is the best defensive player in the game right now. He is top 3 in the league. We haven't had a dynamic defensive player like him since LT.

Silly. The top 100 list is silly. If you were going to pick ONE player from the Giants to start a new team who would it be? How many points can JPP score? Why do you think QB's make so much money?

The list doesn't bother me nearly as much as these knuckleheads talking about where players are placed. I believe the list was formed just so the talking heads have something to talk about before football starts....just silly.

Let em hate. Two Superbowl MVPs. I do have to say the lack of respect afforded to Eli is astounding but it's something we should be used to by now. He'll never get away from that crap that ****** bag A.J. Smith pulled in the draft by leaking that info to better position himself for a trade. He'll never get away from his last name. As long as his name is Manning he'll be compared to his big brother. It's ok tho. Trophy case is getting filled and the rest of the haters can suck it.

OMG you people.......Stop friggin' whining.

Maybe you should all hold your breath and stomp your feet until you all think Eli gets his "props".

Stop whining and enjoy our championship.

Oh thats right....you can't. Enjoy your perpetual misery then.

Get well soon 80.

P.S....I like you a lot Marvelous,,,,but this "Eli gets no respect" nonsense just rubs me the wrong way.
    Get well soon 80.

"I test how other people deal with reality"

Eli gets his "props" however in Eli's case he has a great coach system and team around him. He does not lead the league with MVP like numbers. But he gets his respect for being clutch.

Personally I think his body language and faces that make people think he is a bit of a Nancy boy. But IMO that 49er game proved he is not.

All-Pro

I think a lot of the "disrespect" on Eli comes from him being Peytons younger brother. A lot also comes from him acting like a spoiled brat on draft day, forcing his way out of San Diego. A lot has to do with him playing for a NY team, which most people outside of NY hate just to hate because it is NY. And finally, they disrespect him because of the way he is a leader. He is not vocal. He shrugs and looks confused a bunch.

Even Shaun OHara was on NFL Network and said JPP deserves to be ranked higher then Eli. JPP is a freak and a top 3 DE in the league and is only 22. Eli is not a top 3 QB in the league.

Imagine for one second if you would, the opinion of Eli here if we had the 1st pick in 2004 and he demanded not to play for us... We would hate on Eli 100 fold. We would pick apart every aspect of his game that isnt perfect. We would make fun of him. We would call him a spoiled baby. We would have no respect for him even if he won 2 superbowls.

Honestly, I like how everyone brushes Eli off every year and then comes out and has great games. Eli took a gigantic step towards progressing his career and development last year in the type of season he had. He knows he played well and I think thats all that matters to him. Not the hype or props given to him.