+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants WILL NOT REGRET Passing on Courtney Upshaw

when they see David Wilson exploding out of the backfield. Really needed a good RB.

Re: Giants WILL NOT REGRET Passing on Courtney Upshaw

[quote user="RonJon"]when they see David Wilson exploding out of the backfield. Really needed a good RB.[/quote]

AMEN!!!!!

Unless Upshaw turns out to be an all-time great, I don't know who we would regret not taking him.

Over the years, there have been way too many players that I have seen us 'pass' on, only to realize that those players would not have made that much of a difference.

There are very few positions where you can say that one player can make or break your franchise. QB being the obvious choice.

Remember the hysteria on these boards when we didn't "trade up" for Dwayne Jarrett and were stuck with Steve Smith.

While I would have been happy with Upshaw... I agree. If we were going to pass on him, at least it was for a great player at a big time need position. In situations like these people always tend to think one player will suck while one will be great. I think both will be good NFL players. We need a RB more than a backup DE though.

[quote user="Morehead State"]Remember the hysteria on these boards when we didn't "trade up" for Dwayne Jarrett and were stuck with Steve Smith.[/quote]

. . . . or when we didn't trade up for McClain and got stuck with JPP . . . .

All-Pro

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Remember the hysteria on these boards when we didn't "trade up" for Dwayne Jarrett and were stuck with Steve Smith.[/quote]

[/quote]

Busted.

"Why the hell did we just draft a another DE who barely played in college? We have our ends in Tuck and Osi and Kiwi, we need a freaking linebacker!" is what I said.

After that, I realize that us on this side really dont know much about these players. Reese does. So lets leave it to him.

With that said, I did want Upshaw. Not too upset with Wilson though but I always feel like we could get a RB late in the draft that can contribute as long as hte OL is solid.

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

Busted.

"Why the hell did we just draft a another DE who barely played in college? We have our ends in Tuck and Osi and Kiwi, we need a freaking linebacker!" is what I said.

After that, I realize that us on this side really dont know much about these players. Reese does. So lets leave it to him.

With that said, I did want Upshaw. Not too upset with Wilson though but I always feel like we could get a RB late in the draft that can contribute as long as hte OL is solid.

[/quote]

Me too, although I wasn't looking to trade up for McClain. I wanted Spoon!

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

Well I only remember one poster saying that (cough..MMB) and he's my friend. Misguided of course (he's still pissed we didn't give away the store for Braylon) ....but still my buddy.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

Well I only remember one poster saying that (cough..MMB) and he's my friend. Misguided of course (he's still pissed we didn't give away the store for Braylon) ....but still my buddy.

[/quote]

As I recall, people were willing to give up two number ones for "Bray Bray", as he was so gayly called . . . .