Closed Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Code of the Eli Thought Police

Its not enough to like our QB. Its not enough to be happy he's our leader and appreciate everything he's done for our franchise. No sir.....You must love in unconditionally and forsake all others.

Here's the way the thought police work.........

If you say......... "I think Ben has great escape ability and makes a lot of plays with his feet"

The Thought Police Interpretation. is....... Since Eli and Ben were drafted the same year, any compliments paid to Ben must mean you think he's better than Eli.

Conclusion: You're an Eli Hater.

If you say:......... "I think JPP is one of the best defensive players in the NFL"

The Thought Police Interpretaion is:....... Since you like JPP, there is a chance that you think he is a better player than Eli.

Conclusion..... You're an Eli Hater.

If you say........"The Giants play great as a team"

The thought Police Interpretation is.........Since you think we play as a team, you don't understand that Eli carries this team and we would be nothing without him.

Conclusion....You're an Eli Hater.

If you say........ "I think Eli improved tremendously this season"

The thought Police Interpretation is......."Since you think he improved so much this season, you must believe that he wasn't always great. When I say always....I mean from that glorious day in April of 1980 when Archie looked at Olivia with a twinkle in his eye and Eli was immaculately concieved.

Conclusion.....You're an Eli Hater.

Sometimes you can't win around here.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Code of the Eli Thought Police

Eli Hater.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Its not enough to like our QB. Its not enough to be happy he's our leader and appreciate everything he's done for our franchise. No sir.....You must love in unconditionally and forsake all others.

If you say......... "I think Ben has great escape ability and makes a lot of plays with his feet"

The Thought Police Interpretation. is....... Since Eli and Ben were drafted the same year, any compliments paid to Ben must mean you think he's better than Eli.

Conclusion: You're an Eli Hater.

If you say:......... "I think JPP is one of the best defensive players in the NFL"

The Thought Police Interpretaion is:....... Since you like JPP, there is a chance that you think he is a better player than Eli.

Conclusion..... You're an Eli Hater.

The thought Police Interpretation is.........Since you think we play as a team, you don't understand that Eli carries this team and we would be nothing without him.

The thought Police Interpretation is......."Since you think he improved so much this season, you must believe that he wasn't always great. When I say always....I mean from that glorious day in April of 1980 when Archie looked at Olivia with a twinkle in his eye and Eli was immaculately concieved.

[/quote] yeahits ****ing crazy.....Like I said in another thread they like Eli so much they are justblinded by it they must watch every gamejust to see him make every singleplay...

fight power Mh !

You really are turning into a joke.

There can't be a thread talking about something that Eli has done well in without you or someone else attempting to minimize or marginalize it. Like in the Eli Career Stats thread. It was an innocuous offseason thread until you and Gumby decided to turn it into something else.

If you think a thread on Eli is stupid or meaningless, then the best option is to JUST DON'T POST IN IT.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Its not enough to like our QB.* Its not enough to be happy he's our leader and appreciate everything he's done for our franchise.* No sir.....You must love in unconditionally and forsake all others.

If you say.........** "I think Ben has great escape ability and makes a lot of plays with his feet"

The Thought Police Interpretation. is....... Since Eli and Ben were drafted the same year, any compliments paid to Ben must mean you think he's better than Eli.*

Conclusion:** You're an Eli Hater.

If you say:.........* "I think JPP is one of the best defensive players in the NFL"

The Thought Police Interpretaion is:....... Since you like JPP, there is a chance that you think he is a better player than Eli.****

*Conclusion..... You're an Eli Hater.

The thought Police Interpretation is.........Since you think we play as a team, you don't understand that Eli carries this team and we would be nothing without him.**

The thought Police Interpretation is......."Since you think he improved so much this season, you must believe that he wasn't always great.* When I say always....I mean from that glorious day in April of 1980 when Archie looked at Olivia with a twinkle in his eye and Eli was immaculately concieved.

[/quote]

I'm notorious for not buying into the Eli is the G.O.A.T. bull.

Eli had a great season and he shows a trend of improvement from his rookie year. This year he was great. He has not been great for his career.

This is the first year he put the team on his back.

Eli is one of the best QB's in the game now. He is not the best. He is not an all-time great NFL QB yet.

Rings alone is not an indicator of greatness. Ross has two rings is he the best CB ever?

In the tough times we find out who we are.

I wouldn't call you an Eli hater for saying something like rodgers or brees are better. But I'd still take Eli over either of those guys. Rodgers and Brady would have disintegrated in that position with the o-line we had. The 49ers had beaten Brees the week before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]I wouldn't call you an Eli hater for saying something like rodgers or brees are better. But I'd still take Eli over either of those guys. Rodgers and Brady would have disintegrated in that position with the o-line we had. The 49ers had beaten Brees the week before.[/quote]

49ers beat the Saints. Brees doesn't play defense.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

[quote user="Drez"]You really are turning into a joke.

There can't be a thread talking about something that Eli has done well in without you or someone else attempting to minimize or marginalize it. Like in the Eli Career Stats thread. It was an innocuous offseason thread until you and Gumby decided to turn it into something else.

If you think a thread on Eli is stupid or meaningless, then the best option is to JUST DON'T POST IN IT.
    [/quote]

If you're suggesting people only post in threads they agree in then obviously you shouldn't have posted here.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Drez"]You really are turning into a joke.

[/quote]

If you're suggesting people only post in threads they agree in then obviously you shouldn't have posted here.
    [/quote]
    Well played, sir. Well played. lol.

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Toadofsteel"]I wouldn't call you an Eli hater for saying something like rodgers or brees are better. But I'd still take Eli over either of those guys. Rodgers and Brady would have disintegrated in that position with the o-line we had. The 49ers had beaten Brees the week before.[/quote]

49ers beat the Saints. Brees doesn't play defense.[/quote]

I'm talking specifically about the 49ers defense though. Ignore Alex smith for a second. The 49ers had one of the best defenses in the league last year. Like us, they base their defense on the pass rush and putting the QB under siege for most of the game. Look at how the pass rush completely dismantled Brady in 2007, and even with Brady heavily preparing for it still wore him down in 2011. What I'm saying is that even though Eli might not have the numbers of Brady, Brees, or Rodgers, he has the toughness to endure that and not miss a beat. You could tell with the way the Giants defense played against Rodgers and Brady this postseason that they were thrown off their game. Look at all the dropped passes between those two games... I fully believe that was because of timing disruptions that the pass rush brings to the QB. And because Eli can play through that, I'd rather have him as my QB even if he's not as talented as several others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.