+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How does JJ fit into this offense?

I am very encouraged by the reports about JJ but kind of confused as to how he will be used. We may see a different type of offense do to the new parts that were added in the offseason. Maybe one that runs more like NE minus one receiving TE and enter another slot receiver along with Cruz. Reports state that he is finding the wholes in the coverages pretty well. Any thoughts?

Re: How does JJ fit into this offense?

I think he is just a mismatch guy, move him all over, backfield, out wide, in the slot, motion him. Just try to get him matched up against a safety or linebacker.

Hopefully he can become an excellent return guy as well.

Whatever he does, he better be a big YAC guy, seeing as how Cruz, Nicks, and MM got a ton of yards that way. With his size and imo average speed, idk what else he can do, unless he runs SS routes

[quote user="NYG 5"]Whatever he does, he better be a big YAC guy, seeing as how Cruz, Nicks, and MM got a ton of yards that way. With his size and imo average speed, idk what else he can do, unless he runs SS routes[/quote]

imho, he def has more than "avg speed"...he does have amazing quickness and speed. he was compared a ton to d jax

he did have an avg combine 40 but i believe his pro day was 4.3 range...

[quote user="NYG 5"]With his size and imo average speed[/quote]

he ran low 4.3s at his proday.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="NYG 5"]With his size and imo average speed[/quote]

he ran low 4.3s at his proday.[/quote]

I think that is more than enough speed to blow the top off of a D.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="NYG 5"]With his size and imo average speed[/quote] he ran low 4.3s at his proday.[/quote]

hopefully he has a ton of talent! with the kind of speed he can probably be matched up anywhere!

JJ will most likely continue his return duties. Depending on Randle's development, he may even start a bit as the Z...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I like him much better than barden. i think the biggest thing with him is still getting better in this offense.

Veteran

I don't believe a guy is limited to his college role. JJ should be able to play whatever role gives him the most playing time as a receiver.

Between Randle, Barden, Hixon and JJ. They all want to be the outside WR in 3-WR sets, because it will get them the most amount of playing time as a receiver. I doubt his mindset is to settle for 'the other slot' position in 4 WR sets which won't be utilized much during games.

Should be an interesting competition. I think Hixon and Barden have the best chance to get it because they have been with the team long enough to know the offense better than the other guys.