+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Odd man out in Running Back Competion

We may have another Ryan Grant situation on our hands. The odd man out could very well pop up on another teams starting lineup just like Grant did with GB...

If you remember he showed some flashes in Preseason but not enough to keep him from being cut. Especially when we had a AB, BJ, Ward all in camp.

Scott, joe m or even ware may surprise us on another team with the right amount of playing time
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

Re: Odd man out in Running Back Competion

[quote user="miked1958"]We may have another Ryan Grant situation on our hands. The odd man out could very well pop up on another teams starting lineup just like Grant did with GB...

If you remember he showed some flashes in Preseason but not enough to keep him from being cut. Especially when we had a AB, BJ, Ward all in camp.

Scott, joe m or even ware may surprise us on another team with the right amount of playing time[/quote]

Ryan Grant was traded to the Packers.

[quote user="njersey"][quote user="miked1958"]We may have another Ryan Grant situation on our hands. The odd man out could very well pop up on another teams starting lineup just like Grant did with GB...

Scott, joe m or even ware may surprise us on another team with the right amount of playing time[/quote]

Ryan Grant was traded to the Packers.[/quote]Okay had my facts wrong.. But the trade was due to having to many guys at the position like we do now. Correct
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

it could be that sort of situation.

But chances are most of the guys on the roster right now have very little value, apart from Bradshaw and Wilson.

They need to all be excellent in preseason games to establish any sort of real value through the league.

every body seems to want Scott to be a bigger factor in our offense this year but so far all he has shown me is that he is very fast as seen in one pre season game last year. He has to show that he can do more than run. Protecting Eli's blindside is a must for all RBs as well as catching the ball out of the backfield and not putting the ball on the ground. I want to see Scott running the ball through defenses too but the fact that we don't read hardly anything about him doesn't tell me too much as far as him progressing from last year

[quote user="JesseJames"]every body seems to want Scott to be a bigger factor in our offense this year but so far all he has shown me is that he is very fast as seen in one pre season game last year. He has to show that he can do more than run. Protecting Eli's blindside is a must for all RBs as well as catching the ball out of the backfield and not putting the ball on the ground. I want to see Scott running the ball through defenses too but the fact that we don't read hardly anything about him doesn't tell me too much as far as him progressing from last year[/quote]

Those are things that are LEARNED in ota and training camp,which most rookies get a chance to participate in, Scott did not get that chance...for all practical purposes he is not much more than a draft pick now....why don't we give him a chance to learn like all other rookies.......
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Too many backs for sure but DJW is no Ryan Grant.

If the kids show that they are ready, Ware is an easy cut.

No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"]

[/quote]

Exactly. Ware is horrible as a RB. His one saving grace is that he can protect the QB. But if Scott Wilson and Martinek prove they can all do THAT job adequately, they all have more talent than Ware at RB and so Ware is gone...

Adios to Ware... he has no ***

[quote user="jomo"]

[/quote]

bingo