+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Starting LT Week One?

Sean Locklear... I say he makes this team and brings some quality play to Eli's blind side. Beatty has a lot of work to do and frankly, imtired of waiting. I have been bashed on these boards for using this phrase to describe Beatty..BUST. He can't stay healthy, which hurts his development and chemistry. This is his last shot or a guy like Mosley might be moving in.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Starting LT Week One?

Starting LT week 1 and you pick Locklear? Really??

Beatty is a bust and Locklear is a starting LT?? Your credibility just dipped way below zero.

In fact you should delete this before anyone else see's it.

I'm going with Beatty as the starting LT, that pre-supposes that he is healthy. Locklear's best days are behind him.

All-Pro

The biggest problem with Beatty is his ability to stay healthy. He is their starting LT.

[:O]

All-Pro

See this is what really worries me about this team. Everyone wanted a RB because our running game was horrible last season and we just lost Jacobs. But IMO, our OL is what is holding our running game back. Wilson should be an exceptional back and I trust Reese picking him, saying Doug Martin wasnt the initial target. BUT, our OL was horrible last season. It didnt matter who we had running in the backfield, they were getting hit before the LOS and there were absolutely no holes being made. Snee struggled, Baas struggled, Diehl struggled, KMac struggled... Boothe and Petrus impressed me the most which is scary. Beattly was good while he was healthy too.

As of right now, I still say our OL is our weakest position on the team. Hopefully we can protect Eli and create holes for our RBs this season.

any non giants fan saw jacobs come in for a short run, they knew that he wouldn have gotten the first down. Dan Ware isnt an impact back. You think Reese didn know what he was doing here?

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]Sean Locklear... I say he makes this team and brings some quality play to Eli's blind side. Beatty has a lot of work to do and frankly, imtired of waiting. I have been bashed on these boards for using this phrase to describe Beatty..BUST. He can't stay healthy, which hurts his development and chemistry. This is his last shot or a guy like Mosley might be moving in.[/quote]

Beatty is a "bust"? Wasn't he the LT when we went five games straight without a sack on Eli? You opt for a veteran right tackle to take over at left tackle? He was brought in because Kareem McKenzie was released at RT. I see it being a competition between Diehl and Locklear for RT and the loser providing line depth.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="Firenugget"]Starting LT week 1 and you pick Locklear? Really??

Beatty is a bust and Locklear is a starting LT?? Your credibility just dipped way below zero.

In fact you should delete this before anyone else see's it.
    [/quote]

If Beatty is not healthy at the start of the season, who do you propose is starting the season at LT? DD has proven that he cannot handle that job anymore and Mosley or McCants are definately not ready for that role. Petrus is strictly an interior O-Lineman and Boothe doesnt have the athletism to play LT.

Beatty has not been able to stay on the field and in the NFL that window is very short lived. He is has a hard time staying healthy this season, it is time to start thinking about other options.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

To answer your question, Diehl is likely the backup LT to Beatty, not Locklear. I'm not sure where Brewer fits in, but I think he is in the mix for RT.

I'm not saying I'm happy with that situation, but I think Beatty is a good LT. A retinal injury is kinda a freak injury. Right now his back is the main concern. Hopefully, it is simply from being out for a while with the retina injury, and his back will respond to treatment. Good news is that there is time to heal before the season starts.

Do not feed the trolls.