+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Would you want Fassel...

...as QB coach? Just curious...

All-Pro

Re: Would you want Fassel...

[quote user="yoeddy"]...as QB coach? Just curious...[/quote]Wouldn't be totally opposed to it, but our WRs coach Sean Ryan was promoted to QBs Coach back in March by TC
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="yoeddy"]...as QB coach? Just curious...[/quote]
    No problem, as long as he's as good as advertised. I feel horrible for Fassel not having any type of coaching gigs, at least as an OC, since he lost his gig as HC of the Giants.

I don't think that Fassel is the type of person to ruffle any feathers because he used to be the HC. He doesn't have an ego, and he's a good guy who loved the Giants organization.

All-Pro

However Mike Sullivan will be really hard to replace... May as well promote from within and get a guy that knows our system first hand rather then bring in someone that will want to make a bunch of changes and put his own stamp on it. We don't need that. We just need someone like Ryan to continue doing whatever Sullivan was doing. The old saying.... If its not broke...........

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro

Good luck to Mike at TB being there new OC... We will see him in 2nd or 3rd game of season

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="yoeddy"]...as QB coach? Just curious...[/quote]
    No problem, as long as he's as good as advertised. I feel horrible for Fassel not having any type of coaching gigs, at least as an OC, since he lost his gig as HC of the Giants.

I don't think that Fassel is the type of person to ruffle any feathers because he used to be the HC. He doesn't have an ego, and he's a good guy who loved the Giants organization.[/quote]Am I wrong about Ryan being promoted 3 months ago? Why is this even being brought up? Are the giants not satisfied with advancing Ryan or is this just some posters opinion? To my knowledge the job isn't open

4-New York Giants!!!!!

he might be a better OC than gilbride really.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

He would never do it but I wouldnt be opposed to it.

Fassel kinda gets a bum rap...its a shame he never got another HC gig. Any credentials he had just got totally shafted as an OC for the Ravens.

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran

[quote user="Harooni"]he might be a better OC than gilbride really.
    [/quote]

If this is true. Then in your crazy little world, Derrick Ward must be better then Tiki Barber, right?

All-Pro

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="yoeddy"]...as QB coach? Just curious...[/quote] No problem, as long as he's as good as advertised. I feel horrible for Fassel not having any type of coaching gigs, at least as an OC, since he lost his gig as HC of the Giants. I don't think that Fassel is the type of person to ruffle any feathers because he used to be the HC. He doesn't have an ego, and he's a good guy who loved the Giants organization.[/quote]

i agree with you about Jim ... he deserved a chance somewhere else, at least as an OC ... he improved our O significantly and brought us to a Super Bowl

i think his time trying to help Billick out with the Ravens O ... along with the very negative NY media that depicted his locker room as a mess ... really hurt him ... then he ended up almost being unoffically black balled by the NFL