+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Splitting carries at RB

How do people think the carries will be split to start the year?
    Bradshaw will obviously get the bulk but I find it difficult to believe
    Wilson will get the rest. Ware is used mostly for 3rd down blocking and
    screens not for running. And Scott hasn't shown that he deserves
    carriers. Brown willnot make the team imo but he hasn't shown much
    either.

Re: Splitting carries at RB

Wilson won't get any time on the field until he learns the blocking assignments. So it will be Bradshaw and Ware until Wilson proves he can handle it.

[quote user="yoeddy"]Wilson won't get any time on the field until he learns the blocking assignments. So it will be Bradshaw and Ware until Wilson proves he can handle it.[/quote] its easy to say that about someone like Scott,but Wilson WILL get plenty of playing time this year.....count on that

Bradshaw was saying he thinks the RB corps as a group will see more playing time this year.

I agree with yoeddy about D-Wil needing to learn his assignments before getting quality time. All in all I wouldn't mind seeing Scott and Wilson in a split backfield when AB is not in the game. Should give the Eli better protection in the beginning and also be a fierce dual threat out the backfield. Would be a sick formation to throw out of in say, 3rd and 5 situations having those two guys as as options on the bubble screen.

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="yoeddy"]Wilson won't get any time on the field until he learns the blocking assignments. So it will be Bradshaw and Ware until Wilson proves he can handle it.[/quote] its easy to say that about someone like Scott,but Wilson WILL get plenty of playing time this year.....count on that[/quote]

Careful now. Even in Gilbride's interview where he was heaping praise on Wilson, he said it will depend on his ability to do other things, like pick up blocking assignments. Until someone proves that I agree it's likely be Bradshaw and Ware.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ware isn't a good blocker. He is average. We are assuming Scott and Brown can't do that. But do we know for sure? If either one has become a average blocker they should get playing time.

He will start off with a small package as most rookies do then as the season goes on you will notice his package will gradually increase.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Veteran

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="yoeddy"]Wilson won't get any time on the field until he learns the blocking assignments. So it will be Bradshaw and Ware until Wilson proves he can handle it.[/quote] its easy to say that about someone like Scott,but Wilson WILL get plenty of playing time this year.....count on that[/quote]

Careful now.* Even in Gilbride's interview where he was heaping praise on Wilson, he said it will depend on his ability to do other things, like pick up blocking assignments.* Until someone proves that I agree it's likely* be Bradshaw and Ware.
    [/quote]

Wilson, I'd imagine, would get more attention from coaches so that he can get on the field ASAP. That's a luxury of being a first round pick.

I think it will be situational, you know that they will move wilson along slowly but steadily throughout the year. He looks to be a good 3rd down back option once he learns the protections. The question is who will be your short yardage back, Bradshaw is tuff he can do it, or do you use Brown at 240 ware at 225. I think that will be the most interesting battle in the backfield this year.

[quote user="Harooni"]He will start off with a small package as most rookies do then as the season goes on you will notice his package will gradually increase.
    [/quote]

Whoa. No reason to bring the man's junk into the debate.