+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Mario might not even start.

Re: Looks like Mario might not even start.

[quote user="JPP"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="JPP"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Jerrob"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I bet Mario has the biggest season out of all their WRs[/quote]

Somehow I doubt it, I am sorry but there is a reason NY let him go, he made a big play in the SB sure, but it wasn't a difficult play considering Eli* put the ball in perfectly in his hands in stride. He has always been a horrific route runner and I can show you instances where his bad route running hurt us in the Superbowl as well.

On top of all that he has the "great disappointment" Alex Smith throwing to him, everyone just fawns on how much better he played last season but of course they rarely let him throw and when he did he wasn't allowed to take any risks so he threw the ball away a lot.

[/quote]

Yeah, its this thing called the salary cap, plus the guy wanted a starting job
    [/quote]

lol have you even looked at his contract, it isn't very much we could have retained him if we really tried. Whats better #1 on a run first team with an average QB at best or #3 on an explosive offensive team you already won the Superbowl with? I would definitely call it NYG letting him go.[/quote]

Mario said he didn't want to come back because he wanted a shot to play first string. This isn't my opinion, it is what came out of* his mouth, so I don't know why you're trying to debate me here.
    [/quote]

You said it was the cap and I'm pointing out it wasn't. You were also saying NYG didn't let him go he wanted out, well I believe they did and him saying "oh well I wanted 1st string" after the fact could merely be posturing. Basically if the Giants really thought Manningham was the key to our success he wouldn't have gone anywhere but obviously they weren't willing to offer him a spot higher on our depth chart and a minor raise so they let him go.[/quote]We seem to have a knack for doing that, and then finding a replacement as good or better then the departing player
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

If SF is near the top of the heap as our competition for the NFC championship, I am very happy to be facing Smith, Crabtree, Manningham and Moss in the passing game. That is not a fearsome crew.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="JPP"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="JPP"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Jerrob"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I bet Mario has the biggest season out of all their WRs[/quote]

Somehow I doubt it, I am sorry but there is a reason NY let him go, he made a big play in the SB sure, but it wasn't a difficult play considering Eli put the ball in perfectly in his hands in stride. He has always been a horrific route runner and I can show you instances where his bad route running hurt us in the Superbowl as well.

On top of all that he has the "great disappointment" Alex Smith throwing to him, everyone just fawns on how much better he played last season but of course they rarely let him throw and when he did he wasn't allowed to take any risks so he threw the ball away a lot.

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol have you even looked at his contract, it isn't very much we could have retained him if we really tried. Whats better #1 on a run first team with an average QB at best or #3 on an explosive offensive team you already won the Superbowl with? I would definitely call it NYG letting him go.[/quote]

Mario said he didn't want to come back because he wanted a shot to play first string. This isn't my opinion, it is what came out of his mouth, so I don't know why you're trying to debate me here.
    [/quote]

You said it was the cap and I'm pointing out it wasn't. You were also saying NYG didn't let him go he wanted out, well I believe they did and him saying "oh well I wanted 1st string" after the fact could merely be posturing. Basically if the Giants really thought Manningham was the key to our success he wouldn't have gone anywhere but obviously they weren't willing to offer him a spot higher on our depth chart and a minor raise so they let him go.[/quote]

You just contradicted yourself by saying its not about the cap then finishing your post by saying they weren't willing to pay him more, every personnel decision that is made in football considers the cap. As far as what Mario said you can believe it or not, again I was just stating what he was saying there's nothing to debate here.

[quote user="jomo"]If SF is near the top of the heap as our competition for the NFC championship, I am very happy to be facing Smith, Crabtree, Manningham and Moss in the passing game. That is not a fearsome crew.[/quote]

Agree

Starter

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="JPP"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="JPP"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Jerrob"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I bet Mario has the biggest season out of all their WRs[/quote]

Somehow I doubt it, I am sorry but there is a reason NY let him go, he made a big play in the SB sure, but it wasn't a difficult play considering Eli* put the ball in perfectly in his hands in stride. He has always been a horrific route runner and I can show you instances where his bad route running hurt us in the Superbowl as well.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mario said he didn't want to come back because he wanted a shot to play first string. This isn't my opinion, it is what came out of* his mouth, so I don't know why you're trying to debate me here.
    [/quote]

You said it was the cap and I'm pointing out it wasn't. You were also saying NYG didn't let him go he wanted out, well I believe they did and him saying "oh well I wanted 1st string" after the fact could merely be posturing. Basically if the Giants really thought Manningham was the key to our success he wouldn't have gone anywhere but obviously they weren't willing to offer him a spot higher on our depth chart and a minor raise so they let him go.[/quote]

You just contradicted yourself by saying its not about the cap then finishing your post by saying they weren't willing to pay him more, every personnel decision that is made in football considers the cap. As far as what Mario said you can believe it or not, again I was just stating what he was saying there's nothing to debate here.

[/quote]

Hardly a contradiction as I was talking about the overall cap not being the reason, but how much they think Mario is worth is a completely different story. But yes I realize you were just quoting him so like you said nothing to debate here.

[quote user="888888"]

[Alex Smith throwing to him]*** </P>

Enough said!</P>[/quote]

Exactly! The guy completed 1 pass for 5 yards in the championship game! Thats horrendous! Can't see Mario putting up any major numbers. They're a run first team.. make that a run first run 2nd team w dink and dunk passes. Alex smith will never ever put up a game like he did against the saints again. Hes lucky hes in that division

[quote user="JPP"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="JPP"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="JPP"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Jerrob"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I bet Mario has the biggest season out of all their WRs[/quote]

Somehow I doubt it, I am sorry but there is a reason NY let him go, he made a big play in the SB sure, but it wasn't a difficult play considering Eli put the ball in perfectly in his hands in stride. He has always been a horrific route runner and I can show you instances where his bad route running hurt us in the Superbowl as well.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mario said he didn't want to come back because he wanted a shot to play first string. This isn't my opinion, it is what came out of his mouth, so I don't know why you're trying to debate me here.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Hardly a contradiction as I was talking about the overall cap not being the reason, but how much they think Mario is worth is a completely different story. But yes I realize you were just quoting him so like you said nothing to debate here.[/quote]

Fair enough

Good

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="appodictic"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a06fd9/article/randy-moss-in-line-to-start-for-san-francisco-49ers?module=HP11_headline_stack

Wow if i were behind crabtree and moss I would hang myself.
    [/quote]

Mario did say that he left for more playing time but even if he doesn't beat out Moss(which would be surprising) he will still be playing for a contender. It's not that big of a deal.
    [/quote]</P>

He wanted more playing time, Alex Smith, they are a running team and all he does is throw to Vernon Davis, now with Crabtree being healthy and Moss just being Moss, he's lucky if they don't cut him and groom a draft pick, BJ will be back too!</P>
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

i believe that Manningham would strive more as being the #3 receiver on the Giants with Eli throwing to him rather than being a #1 and having Alex Smith throwing to him.

+ Reply to Thread