+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Martellus Bennett on Cowboys Hard Knocks

ok...I understand this show was 4 years ago and he was a rookie at the time.....let me first say that

but somethings about people just do not change

NFLN has been running the'08 Cowboys HK....and a lot of it revolves around Bennett

this guy comes off as an entitled , arrogant, unwilling to learn, lazy, eye rolling know it all who has a big problem with authority in this show...the Cowboy coaches are constantly on his case and complaining about these very issues

like I said..... obviously he was a rookie and had a lot to learn....but no ones personality can COMPLETELY change

Im sure some of these traits are still there

I can't help but wonder if he is rolling his eyes at coach Pope acting similarly to the way he did in the show

in no way shape or form can I see coach Coughlin putting up with what coach Phillips put up with from this guy

Re: Martellus Bennett on Cowboys Hard Knocks

Totally disagree with that.

Disrespective behavior, over inflated self worth, "eye rolling" are something ALL young people go through. It's a rite of passage. Testing boundries. MOST grow out of it.

If he hasn't, he will very quickly under The General.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

I'm hesitant any time we take a player from the Cowboys. MB is no exception. Dallas' culture is to blame. Going back to the 90's teams, players in that city all have a sense of entitlement and an attitude of SELF rather than TEAM. Witten is the exception to the rule that proves it. MB better be ready to adjust, like it or not, he's a GIANT now. He needs to act the part. If he doesn't, I have no doubt TC will handle him.

I agree that no one's true nature changes. If Bennett can't suppress the "me, me, me attitude" he won't get far with TC. To be a success with the Giants he'll not only have to accept that he's just a cog in the machine, he'll have to work like *** to be the best cog he can be.

Your point about people's having an innate nature that does not change is one reason I can't accept M. Vick as being a changed man. But that's another story and this isn't the time.

I hope that Bennett wants to succeed with the Giants enough that it overcomes his ego.

[quote user="FBomb"]

Disrespective behavior, over inflated self worth, "eye rolling" are something ALL young people go through.* It's a rite of passage.* Testing boundries.* MOST grow out of it.

[/quote]

only thing I've seen from rookies is humbleness , willingness to learn, and being extremely grateful for an opportunity

I saw none of that from him

and I doubt it was all editing

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="FBomb"]

Disrespective behavior, over inflated self worth, "eye rolling" are something ALL young people go through. It's a rite of passage. Testing boundries. MOST grow out of it.

[/quote]

only thing I've seen from rookies is humbleness , willingness to learn, and being extremely grateful for an opportunity

and I doubt it was all editing[/quote]

Wouldn't you think he'd see this as an opportunity of a life time and work his *** off?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro

[quote user="YATittle1962"]ok...I understand this show was 4 years ago and he was a rookie at the time.....let me first say that

but somethings about people just do not change

NFLN has been running the'08 Cowboys HK....and a lot of it revolves around Bennett

this guy comes off as an entitled , arrogant, unwilling to learn, lazy, eye rolling know it all who has a big problem with authority in this show...the Cowboy coaches are constantly on his case and complaining about these very issues

like I said..... obviously he was a rookie and had a lot to learn....but no ones personality can COMPLETELY change

Im sure some of these traits are still there

I can't help but wonder if he is rolling his eyes at coach Pope acting similarly to the way he did in the show

in no way shape or form can I see coach Coughlin putting up with what coach Phillips put up with from this guy[/quote]Giants coaches won't allow that. They have a knack for taking coal and with some polish they turn it to a diamond
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Disrespective behavior, over inflated self worth, "eye rolling" are something ALL young people go through.* It's a rite of passage.* Testing boundries.* MOST grow out of it.

[/quote]

and I doubt it was all editing[/quote]hope he is driven by wanting a contract

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

and I doubt it was all editing[/quote]

Wouldn't you think he'd see this as an opportunity of a life time and work his *** off?
    [/quote]

I would hope so Roa

but wouldn't you think being chosen in the second round of the NFL draft would be thought of as an opportunity of a lifetime ?

[/quote] only thing I've seen from rookies is humbleness , willingness to learn, and being extremely grateful for an opportunity I saw none of that from him and I doubt it was all editing[/quote]

What Idisagree with is the notion that it's a lifelong behavior. People change all the time. Especially young people.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin