+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

According to report Gmen have 2nd best chance of".............

Not making playoffs in 2012. The write up stated that EVERY Season 5-8 teams that made the playoffs the prior year don't qualify the next season due to a harder schedule. They said although it's rare that a SB winning team misses playoffs altogether the following year the giants got the hardest (.547 winning % of opponents) schedule in NFL this season.

They said the giants didn't take full advantage of having the NFC West last season and this yr get the NFC South and AFC North which could make them lose a game more then last season. First on the list of 5 teams that may not repeat as playoff teams was the Saints... Yep..

Of the 5 teams that missed last season that they think will make it this yr. yep. Philly and Dallas?

Thoughts?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: According to report Gmen have 2nd best chance of".............

Here is the website

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8084947

I apologize if this was posted.. I saw a thread titled "BSPN at it again" but that was about John Clayton predicting we'd finish at 9-7

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Sorry guys.. For some reason I have a hard time Linking on my iPad. Desktop, no trouble.. Must be doing something wrong. Maybe someone can help me out with that

4-New York Giants!!!!!

It is definitely an uphill battle to make the playoffs for any team. If the Giants can be consistent and show improvement in their running game and defensive play while maintaining a successful passing game then they will be there.

I would always think the incumbent team should be picked to win it all in the beginning. Just like Phil Simms said.

I don't think it is Giants hate I just think that some folks have gotten the Skip Bayless bug and just say some crazy things. f their predictions come they sound like geniuses and if they are wrong, everyone except those on this board will have forgotten them.

All I can say is wait and see and hope for the best.

[quote user="miked1958"]Sorry guys.. For some reason I have a hard time Linking on my iPad. Desktop, no trouble.. Must be doing something wrong. Maybe someone can help me out with that[/quote]
    Place your links inside [url] [/url] tags.

Like this: [url]http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8084947[/url]

Doing so will produce: http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8084947

Veteran

They hate the Giants at ESPN.

[quote user="foosball"]They hate the Giants at ESPN.
    [/quote]
    It's more that Giants fans seem to take offense at any article which doesn't proclaim them to be the greatest team ever assembled.

I think they are basing this on their belief that both the Eagles and Boys underperformed last year. I can see that - but what I can't see is why they don't believe that we also underperformed in the 2011 regular season. On paper, we should have taken both games from the Skins, which would have put our regular season record at 11-5. I don't really care where they pick us to finish - glamor and glitz speak much louder in July & August than they do in December and January. That's when commitment and dedication take over.

I'm ready to have at it - but have to get through a few more months of the "fidgets" yet.

Yeah it's common for teams to get a much harder schedule than the previous year if the team had made the playoffs. But the thing is, we were in 2nd place in 2010, but so were SF, NO, and GB (they were wildcard for their own SB run). Now all of those teams are in 1st with us. The only teams that are changing are that the other three teams in the NFC West (arizona, st. louis, and seattle) are replaced with NFC South (atlanta, tampa, and carolina), as well as the AFC East being replaced with the AFC North. So the schedule is a tiny bit harder, but we had a tough schedule last season too. The biggest hurdle that we didn't have to face last year is Carolina (and after that, Baltimore). As long as our many games vs. the eagles have paid off against running QBs, we should be fine. Pittsburgh is aging pretty hard now, we get the saints at home for a change, and I don't see the Browns or the Bengals being terribly much of a concern either.

The most important thing is to win games inside the division. We went 3-3 in the division last year. We need to sweep washington and preferably Philly too. It's likely to come down to division records with us, as the race for the division will be tight...

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="miked1958"]Sorry guys.. For some reason I have a hard time Linking on my iPad. Desktop, no trouble.. Must be doing something wrong. Maybe someone can help me out with that[/quote]
    Place your links inside [url] [/url] tags.

Like this: [url]http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8084947[/url]

Doing so will produce: http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8084947[/quote]Thankyou!!!

4-New York Giants!!!!!