+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Funniest things you've heard people say about/regarding the giants

---I remember after we lost to the Eagles last season (starting up the talk of all the second half collapses again), the power rankings on PFT that week under the Giants entry said "She's a good girl, loves her momma, loves Jesus, and America too...." - lyrics to Free Fallin' by Tom Petty.

It wasn't funny at the time, but in hindsight it is absolutely hysterical IMO.

---Once after super bowl XLII was up in Boston and had someone say in a store the patriots were still better than the giants because they had 3 super bowls compared to our one.

Re: Funniest things you've heard people say about/regarding the giants

THE ATLANTA FALCONS AREN'T A TRUE PLAYOFF CONTENDER. THE PACKERS BEAT THEMSELVES. KYLE WILLIAMS LOST FOR THE 49er's. THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE SUCKS. All reasons why we won the Super Bowl.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Veteran

Last Christmas I heard a man say the Giants were "bubbling pi** in a hot pan". Don't know if that was good or bad, but the Texas drawl was so funny.

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]---I remember after we lost to the Eagles last season (starting up the talk of all the second half collapses again), the power rankings on PFT that week under the Giants entry said "She's a good girl, loves her momma, loves Jesus, and America too...." - lyrics to Free Fallin' by Tom Petty.

---Once after super bowl XLII was up in Boston and had someone say in a store the patriots were still better than the giants because they had 3 super bowls compared to our one.
    [/quote]

1986? 1990? Geez . . . . .

All-Pro

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]---I remember after we lost to the Eagles last season (starting up the talk of all the second half collapses again), the power rankings on PFT that week under the Giants entry said "She's a good girl, loves her momma, loves Jesus, and America too...." - lyrics to Free Fallin' by Tom Petty.

[/quote]That is kinda funny.

And I wonder what those same Pats fans said after this past SB? Still better then us, after beating them 2 in a row? They may have won 3SBs but where did they come off saying we only had one when they said they had 3-1 lead? I guess they are mis informed, lol.

Tech at that point they were 3-3 in SBs having also lost to GB and blown out by Bears. We at that time were 3-1 in SBs. This last win makes us 4-1 and them 3-4 in the big Game. I don't think there is any dispute who is the better team when it comes to SB Sunday!

Also we are the team that ended Brady's 20 game home win streak in regular season and they 2+ year streak of not losing back to back games.. They must love us now
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Guess I kinda got off subject but that Pats fan got me all fired up..

Okay.. Guess mine is from my nephew who is a Dallas fan. He also was jumping on the band wagon when we went on the 4 game losing streak saying we were done and that we were folding like a tent like we always do in the second half of seasons. I had to,d him that the Gh loss was going to be a spring board like the pats game was in 07 and that we were going to sweep them and knock them from the playoffs. He told me to put the crack pipe down and keep dreaming. He wouldn't respond to my texts or calls after we ousted them
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

haha cute story

Two nights ago a Philadelphia Eagles fan was telling me how Eli Manning sucked and that Mike Vick is so much better than him. It was a very amusing conversation.

"Giants suck"

-last week.

Jay Ratliff saying (Dallas) is going to shut up, not say a thing and do their job. In other words be more like the NYG.

oh yeah right.