+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Interesting Cap Space Discussion

I don't prowl the Jets forums a lot but i found this topic of them talking about Revis wanting 16 million a year or something

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showt...=71146&page=26

The question i found myself asking is, what would i do if JPP wanted some rediculous amount, assuming he's as good as advertised? And assuming that we were a mediocre team, with salary cap issues with overpaid and underperforming veterans. What would you do if you were the Jets?

Short of a QB, I don't think any one player is worth that amount. CB is one of the most important positions in the game imo, but i don't think it's worth that amount as you're only taking away 1 player (#1 WR) from the otehr team. DE on the end hand, you can make a much larger impact. Anyway, carry on. Just thought it was interesting. The next couple years, with all the free agents with have, it could get really interesting. What happens if Randle steps up? Do we keep Nicks? etc etc.

Re: Interesting Cap Space Discussion

The dude has 2 years left on his deal. I would tell him to pound sand. Let's see if he's willing to hold out for 2 years. If he is, then I would franchise him when he came back for as many years as I could.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

The dude has 2 years left on his deal. I would tell him to pound sand. Let's see if he's willing to hold out for 2 years. If he is, then I would franchise him when he came back for as many years as I could.

[/quote]

LOL... love it!
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Veteran

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

Franchising him for the rest of his career would give him 17-18 million guaranteed/per year for the rest of his career .

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

Franchising him for the rest of his career would give him 17-18 million guaranteed/per year for the rest of his career .
    [/quote]

Isn't the franchise number an average of the top guys at a position? What CB is getting paid $17-18M per year?

The salary cap discussion is a great topic, but making an assumption and talking about it about JPP is lame.

Veteran

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn't the franchise number an average of the top guys at a position? What CB is getting paid $17-18M per year?

[/quote]

I thought were talking about JPP? with the amount pass rushers are getting paid, 17-18/year should be expected in 2 years. Especially elite ones.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought were talking about JPP? with the amount pass rushers are getting paid, 17-18/year should be expected in 2 years. Especially elite ones.
    [/quote]

Sorry . . . .I was answering the OP's question: What would you do if you were the Jets?

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

The dude has 2 years left on his deal.* I would tell him to pound sand.* Let's see if he's willing to hold out for 2 years.* If he is, then I would franchise him when he came back for as many years as I could.

[/quote]

if he doesnt show up, he doesnt get the accrued year, so he would still be under contract for 2 more years as long as he holds out.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

The dude has 2 years left on his deal.* I would tell him to pound sand.* Let's see if he's willing to hold out for 2 years.* If he is, then I would franchise him when he came back for as many years as I could.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn't the franchise number an average of the top guys at a position?* What CB is getting paid $17-18M per year?

[/quote]

Here's the 2012 top 31 paid players. How many are CB's & how many of those make 16 mil a year? JPP has a good shot @ 16+ mil a year in the near future if he keeps dominating the LOS like he normally does.

1 Peyton Manning at
    Quarterback
    $18,000,000
    2 Drew Brees at
    Quarterback
    $15,760,000
    3 Dwight Freeney at
    Defensive End
    $14,035,000
    4 Elvis Dumervil at
    Defensive End
    $14,000,000