+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tom Coughlin Sucks

Is what I used to say....

After all these years and ****, I can't believe I gave this guy so much crap.

Watching Road to Super Bowl right now and just got to admire Tom Coughlin as a coach.

"I'm old school, don't tell me, show me"

- TC.

Cheers to a great New York Giants coach

Re: Tom Coughlin Sucks

Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

He's a great coach. . .a great motivator. . .but even HE needs some motivation from time to time.

Glad we have him, and I'll gladly apply pressure when needed.

Go Giants!!
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

I think I know how to motivate him. If he helps the Giants have big wins, he gets a large sum of money a great big contract. Yet if he doesn't, then he only gets pennies on a dollar.

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

He's a great coach. . .a great motivator. . .but even HE needs some motivation from time to time.

Go Giants!!
    [/quote]

Last year was due to us getting players back from injury. The idea that Coughlin only works hard when his job is on the line is kinda laughable in my opinion.

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

Go Giants!!
    [/quote] Last year was due to us getting players back from injury. The idea that Coughlin only works hard when his job is on the line is kinda laughable in my opinion.[/quote]

+1

All-Pro

My only beef with him was that he wasn't optimal. In hands another proven coach, a fresh outlook my be even more effective. I still stand by the thought. 2nd half collapses are still there. But, I'm not exactly complaining. 2 SB wins is 2 SB wins. Can't argue with that.

Edit: What I mean by optimal is that we may not have struggled late in the season or we could have ended up with better regular season records then we had. But, you can't get much more optimal then 2 SB victories. lol

All-Pro

I was on that same boat until we won SB 42. After that, you are solid in my book. After that, I just blamed the coordinators, lol.

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

Go Giants!!
    [/quote]

Last year was due to us getting players back from injury. The idea that Coughlin only works hard when his job is on the line is kinda laughable in my opinion.[/quote]

Who invented this injury stuff? We hardly got anything back from injury.

But I don't think Coughlin being on the hotseat had anything to do with anything. Every coach is always on the hot seat in the NFL and its not like Tom Coughlin suits up and tackles anything so....

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

I like the fact that he was willing to change. Players were complaining about how rigid he was. He created a players committee to address that and he became more approachable and less strict. Not easy for a coach to do.

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

Go Giants!!
    [/quote]
    +1 !