+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which college football team should i root for?

Which college football team should i root for?

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to get into college football for the first time this year. I've followed prospects before but I have no ties to any team. I want to know who you guys think I should root for.

I'm trying to pick a team that has pro prospects that could translate to the NFL, preferably ones that would fit in with the Giants' needs and system. I also want a team that will be pretty competitive. I don't really have any regional ties to a team.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Re: Which college football team should i root for?

[quote user="tuck&rolle"]Hey guys,
    I'm trying to get into college football for the first time this year. I've followed prospects before but I have no ties to any team. I want to know who you guys think I should root for.

I'm trying to pick a team that has pro prospects that could translate to the NFL, preferably ones that would fit in with the Giants' needs and system. I also want a team that will be pretty competitive. I don't really have any regional ties to a team.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!
    [/quote]</P>

You can't "pick" a team to root for. They pick you.</P>

Just watch the games and see where it takes you.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

The very best thing about college football is atmosphere. If you cant decide who to route for go to some games.

It wont be long before you know who you like watching and which teams draw you.

You can't really pick a college team based on pro prospects as teams draft members from IA or even IAA schools. Just watch various college games throughout a season and then learn about them. Pick one based on geographical location, history, team colors or even a player with a cool name.

Once you start watching you'll get hooked. Teams I personally steer clear of are all of the Florida teams. Miami is known for their thuggish culture and Florida and Florida State are just two teams I never liked.

I'm a Notre Dame guy first with a love of Arkansas(damn you Petrino) and Missouri Tigers. Arkansas and Missouri because my dad's side of the family is from these areas. Notre Dame because I was a fan as a kid for the golden helmets and the mascot of the Fighting Irish.

Penn St........oops! I meant to say Gator Nation</P>

Teams from the SEC pump out more pro's than any other conference. Not saying that the other conferences aren't as exciting or fun to watch, but the SEC is an ultra-competitive, well-balanced football conference....well, except for my Kentucky Wildcats hahah.

The SEC has more BCS Championships than any other conference with Alabama, Florida and LSU leading the charge and 5 of the last 6 National Champs hail from the SEC, with the exception of Texas in '06

Plus, both Missouri and Texas A&M have just joined (beginning next year) which should make for an even more exciting season.

Port St. Lucie, FL (originally from Avenel, NJ)

I root for Bowling Green or Stony Brook, but I'm just a big pothead.

Nah, I grew up in Jersey and root for Rutgers, myself. Also always liked Notre Dame since I was a young lad.

Stick with NY 'CCCCCUUUUUSSSSEEEE

or NJ Rutgers but NJ Smells. NJ is just lucky NYC is so expensive NYG cant put a stadium there

[quote user="888888"]

Penn St........oops!* *I meant to say Gator Nation</P>[/quote]

you mean STATE PENN

[quote user="GiantPride27"][quote user="888888"]

Penn St........oops!* *I meant to say Gator Nation</P>[/quote]

you mean STATE PENN[/quote]

NICE!!

+ Reply to Thread