+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

This team never gets it's due

The New York Giants might be defending champs, and the Dallas Cowboys might be everyone's preseason darlings, but the Eagles are arguably the most talented team in an NFC East that should be wide open in 2012. Better play from the linebackers might make the difference.

This is an article on NFL.com. I think this is what keeps us hungry. No love. Never. I like it actually...

Re: This team never gets it's due

Truthfully, I think it is us fans that are more concerned the Giants are not getting their "due" than they are.

I don't think any of the teams or players actually buy into any of the media hype as much as we and the media do.

It's getting a little tiresome to see a new thread every time some media outlet doesn't pick the Giants to win the SB again . . . . .

i agree op. i was reading an article about how far we've fallen behind philly and how much a sb contender philly is and how everything is perfect for them now...players have a yr under the d system, they have no more malcontents bc they paid djax and mccoy, top 5 qb, all pro's everywhere etc etc etc...

i am not a moron, i can see philly has a talented roster...so do we. as talented if not more so bc our players actually deliver...we get pushed over by the media all the time, nothing new
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

All-Pro

This from ESPN front page NFL:

Cool picture, but read the bottom.... Are the Giants declining? NYG could miss the playoffs.

How the hell can we be "declining"? I dont get it. It just doesnt make any sense what so ever. Declining from what? Winnign the superbowl? Again? Yeah, Giants could miss playoffs, so could every other team in the NFL. Giants could also MAKE the playoffs. Great job over there at ESPN. But Gronk is a better player then any player on the Giants, even Eli.

They just absolutely hate us. And I love it.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

It's getting a little tiresome to see a new thread every time some media outlet doesn't pick the Giants to win the SB again . . . . .

[/quote]

No no. You're looking at this the wrong way. It's tradition here. We must have our weekly, rediculous...............

"The Giants don't get their props" thread.

Didn't know you were the type to step on sacred tradition.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

No no. You're looking at this the wrong way. It's tradition here. We must have our weekly, rediculous...............

"The Giants don't get their props" thread.

Didn't know you were the type to step on sacred tradition.

[/quote]

Ha ha . . . .

It's my own fault . . . I keep opening these threads. A glutton for punishment I guess . . . .

The truth of the matter is that ESPN secretly loves us. They know the formula for continuous success is continuous doubt. So while they could very easily write these stories about us in a positive light, they are nice enough to instead take it upon themselves to be the "bad guy" and motivate us with a little reverse psychology.

Its going to be a fun season! Time to defend the crown!

All-Pro

If you think about it for a second the odds are against them against repeating.

Add to that they where 9-7, and a lot of "experts" seem like they just read stats they are makin a safe choice.

Also, ever since he was drafted they have been on Vick to be the next best thing to happen in the NFL. We will now have to deal with the same with RG3 for a long time. Dallas will always be the media hyped favorite.

Long as Giants get Superbowl after Superbowl and they give these other teams props, then that means the Giants will be the best Superbowl Winners of all time.