+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W. C. Fields Tomb Stone Reads

W. C. Fields Tomb Stone Reads

" Better here than Philadelphia "

Re: W. C. Fields Tomb Stone Reads

Sorry about the post. Wikipedia states He didn't even have a TOMBSTONE just a plaque on a mausoleum.

One of his all time best lines: "I went to Philadelphia one day; and it was closed!"
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]" Better here than Philadelphia "[/quote]LOL Love it
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I don't understand the hate for Philadelphia, I have been there, as many of you have. I enjoyed the city. It's the fans I don't like. The city itself is a nice, historical, interesting place. But, wear some GIANTS gear and see what happens... the city is a fine one, and a keystone to our national heritage. Don't let the fans of their crappy team tint your vision of the city. I enjoy Philly, and I enjoy waving our Championships in the face of Philthy fans even more.

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]I don't understand the hate for Philadelphia, I have been there, as many of you have. I enjoyed the city. It's the fans I don't like. The city itself is a nice, historical, interesting place. But, wear some GIANTS gear and see what happens... the city is a fine one, and a keystone to our national heritage. Don't let the fans of their crappy team tint your vision of the city. I enjoy Philly, and I enjoy waving our Championships in the face of Philthy fans even more.[/quote]

Uh-huh..................**** 'em.

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]I don't understand the hate for Philadelphia, I have been there, as many of you have. I enjoyed the city. It's the fans I don't like. The city itself is a nice, historical, interesting place. But, wear some GIANTS gear and see what happens... the city is a fine one, and a keystone to our national heritage. Don't let the fans of their crappy team tint your vision of the city. I enjoy Philly, and I enjoy waving our Championships in the face of Philthy fans even more.[/quote]I enjoy the city, 1 of my favorite musical acts (The Roots) is from there, Cheesesteaks are AMAZING, Rocky movies were excellent, there are tons of cool historical tidbits all over the city

.... That being said, I despise the iggles and their fanbase. The city of Philly however is a nice place, and I enjoy visiting, just as long as they dont wanna talk sports, LOL
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="redbeardxxv"]I don't understand the hate for Philadelphia, I have been there, as many of you have. I enjoyed the city. It's the fans I don't like. The city itself is a nice, historical, interesting place. But, wear some GIANTS gear and see what happens... the city is a fine one, and a keystone to our national heritage. Don't let the fans of their crappy team tint your vision of the city. I enjoy Philly, and I enjoy waving our Championships in the face of Philthy fans even more.[/quote]I enjoy the city, 1 of my favorite musical acts (The Roots) is from there, Cheesesteaks are AMAZING, Rocky movies were excellent, there are tons of cool historical tidbits all over the city

.... That being said, I despise the iggles and their fanbase.* The city of Philly however is a nice place, and I enjoy visiting, just as long as they dont wanna talk sports, LOL
    [/quote]

Love the Roots and so many other groups from Philly.........Schooly D, The Goats, WEEN. I respect the tradition of the area and appreciate its historical significance...........I just hate the **** out of their sports teams.

+ Reply to Thread