+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ELI MANNING'S BEST TRAITS: RESILIENCY AND TRUST

ELI MANNING'S BEST TRAITS: RESILIENCY AND TRUST

"Trust and resiliency; the two traits that set average QBís apart from elite NFL
    QBís. This article will go into detail and explain why itís so important for a
    QB to display these traits.

Trust: As an NFL QB, you
    have to trust your receivers to make plays. You can never be successful if you
    second-guess every throw that isnít wide open. The great QBís will throw it up
    into the right coverages and most of the time it works out. Trust can ruin a
    QBís career if he canít build that trust with his receivers. The trust isnít
    just need to be with his receivers, but also with his offensive line; he needs
    to feel protected in the pocket.

Prime examples of QBís who trust their
    receivers can go both ways, sometimes it doesnít work out. Just last year Eli
    Manning threw 25 interceptions because he trusted his receivers to make those
    plays and they didnít. What if the next game or next year he continues his trust
    and wins the Super Bowl? I watched it happen to Romo and Vick this year as many
    times as it happened to Manning last year. The great QBís know you have to trust
    that your guy will run his route, then win the battle for the ball.

An
    example of this not working was Sanchez last year when he lost all faith with
    his offense. Sanchez was dropping back and not trusting his receivers to win in
    their coverages and it cost him last year. Again, Iím going to have to mention
    Sanchez dropping back and just having no faith in his protection either. This
    all canít be put on a young QB. The team left him in a bad situation, but it
    shows how losing trust can cost you the
    season.

Resiliency: This is a huge factor in the
    franchise QB, he has to be resilient. This ties into trust, but Iím not going to
    double tap that issue. The QB has to be able to throw that interception or two
    or three and forget it and drive on. You have to keep that short-term memory as
    a QB. That doesnít just go for picks but touchdowns as well. When you think
    about the QBís who can lead multiple game winning drives in a season this is
    always one of their strongest traits.

Some people tend to mistake good
    quarterbacks for resilient quarterbacks. For example, Aaron Rodgers was the best
    QB in the NFL last year, but he is far from being a resilient player. If you
    look back on the fourth quarter comebacks, they just arenít there. This isnít a
    hit on Rodgers, he is a great QB and this year rarely fell behind, but when he
    did get behind he was in trouble. A resilient QB can take his team on his back
    and score multiple touchdowns at the end of the game to give his team a
    chance.

These two traits were key to Eli Manning winning his second
    Super Bowl MVP in five years. Eli Manning is by far one of the most resilient
    players in the NFL. This even comes down to the constant critics from the media
    after proclaiming to be in Bradyís class. Even Eli Manningís peers seriously
    underrated in this years top 100 players yet again. As a Giants fans you canít
    even be upset at this point, the critics may not end, but the Lombardi trophy is
    resting safely in New York."
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Re: ELI MANNING'S BEST TRAITS: RESILIENCY AND TRUST

I think his best trait is toughness. His ability to get up after big hits and act like it doesnt bother him. Has to be unnerving for a defense.

what about his rocket lazer arm.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think his best trait is toughness. His ability to get up after big hits and act like it doesnt bother him. Has to be unnerving for a defense.[/quote]
    Tough but not stupid like Roethlisberger. He knows when to take a hit and when to GTFO of the way. To be honest, he just might have the best pocket awareness and footwork in the NFL. He never freaks out. Sometimes he takes a little step to the side and it's the difference between getting planted and not being touched at all.
    [quote user="burier"]what about his rocket lazer arm.[/quote]
    Yeah, you notice how nobody complains about his wobbly passes anymore or that he can't pass in the wind?

I wouldn't call it a rocket laser but he's become very accurate on his short passes. He always threw a good long ball.

[quote user="krygny"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think his best trait is toughness. His ability to get up after big hits and act like it doesnt bother him. Has to be unnerving for a defense.[/quote]
    Tough but not stupid like Roethlisberger. He knows when to take a hit and when to GTFO of the way. To be honest, he just might have the best pocket awareness and footwork in the NFL. He never freaks out. Sometimes he takes a little step to the side and it's the difference between getting planted and not being touched at all.
    [quote user="burier"]what about his rocket lazer arm.[/quote]
    Yeah, you notice how nobody complains about his wobbly passes anymore or that he can't pass in the wind?

I wouldn't call it a rocket laser but he's become very accurate on his short passes. He always threw a good long ball.

[/quote]

This has got to be the biggest difference in his game between last season and the one before!

I just could not believe the amount of times he was that 1 step from having a negative play and making them into Hugh 20+ yrd gains!

There had to be 10 such instances in the NFCCG vs the 49'ers

Solar powered arm. Unstoppable.

Even when he was struggling mightily early in his career, Eli seemed to be able to shake off bad plays, quarters, halves, games etc. and to keep fighting. He never seemed to allow himself to get into a funk.

Great quality for a QB . . . . . .

He has so many positive traits that we can talk about but trust, resiliency and tougness have become his tradrmark.
    There is no quit in this guy and he makes those around him better players.

Eli Manning is a great leader and it is wonderful to see how he has developed since arriving in NFL.

When the game is on the line, I wouldn't want any other QB but Eli. The Man is Money in the 4th Quarter.

I always knew that Eli was mentally resilient, shaking off criticism from the NY media and never truly getting discouraged the way anyone else would no matter how dire the situation is, but it wasn't until the NFCCG against SF that he truly showed how physical he is as well. The hits he took would have completely melted the game of Brady or Rodgers. It takes a certain quality to produce in such adverse conditions; that's why Eli is a superior QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.