+ Reply to Thread

CHRIS CANTY DISPUTES ELI MANNING'S RANKING AS THE 31ST BEST PLAYER IN THE NFL, SAYS NY GIANTS' QB IS NO. 1 IN HIS BOOK

CHRIS CANTY DISPUTES ELI MANNING'S RANKING AS THE 31ST BEST PLAYER IN THE NFL, SAYS NY GIANTS' QB IS NO. 1 IN HIS BOOK

"He has two Super Bowl MVPs, victories over the likes of Aaron Rodgers and
    Tony Romo, and a recent mastery over Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.
    But, apparently, Eli Manning doesn't have enough attitude.

And to Manning's Giants teammate Chris Canty, that's the
    only possible explanation for the quarterback's still-low standing in the NFL
    Network's recent Top 100 players rankings. In a survey of NFL players, Manning
    checked in at No. 31
    , despite a season filled with come-from-behind
    heroics.

"He's No. 1 in my book, there's no question about it," Canty said Thursday,
    in between working with youngsters at his Camp of Champions youth football camp
    in Manhattan.

But, Canty added, Manning is often easy to overlook.

"First of all, he's little brother (to Peyton Manning),"
    Canty said. "And his persona, how he presents himself. He's not brash, he's not
    outspoken. And humility gets a bad rap in our league. Unfortunately, it's become
    a talking league, everybody wants to talk, talk, talk. But he lets his play do
    the talking."

Rodgers was ranked No. 1 in the poll. Ben Roethlisberger (30), Brady (4) and
    Drew Brees (2) were the only quarterbacks ranked ahead of Manning.

This past season, Manning outplayed everyone when it counted the most. His 15
    fourth-quarter TD passes were the most in league history, and he had a 110.0 QB
    rating in the final frame. In the postseason, he threw nine TD passes and just
    one interception.

That helped earn Manning a spot in the NFL Network Top 100, just one year
    after he hadn't even landed in the rankings at all. But to Canty, the ranking
    was "too little, too late."

"When you break Johnny Unitas' record for fourth-quarter touchdown passes, I
    think he deserves to be a little higher than 31 on the Top 100," Canty said.
    "His play speaks for itself. Two-time Super Bowl champion, two-time Super Bowl
    MVP . . . He plays well in big moments when it really counts, which is crucial
    for a quarterback."

Canty is hardly the only Giant who thinks Manning was snubbed yet again. Last
    weekend, defensive end Justin Tuck said it was "a joke" that Manning checked in
    at No. 31. And on Thursday, linebacker Michael Boley, one of a handful of NFL
    stars helping at Canty's camp, agreed with the rest of Big Blue.

"It's just a poll, I guess," Boley said, who added that he did not have a
    vote. "His stats and winning two Super Bowls, it speaks for itself. Eli would
    have definitely gotten my vote for No. 1 . . . He's not the flashiest, but he
    wins games."

And in the end, said Canty, that's all that counts, silly NFL Network poll be
    damned.

"It doesn't really matter. I'm sure Eli's not losing any sleep over being
    rated 31," Canty said. "He's thinking about how to make our football team better
    this coming season."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: CHRIS CANTY DISPUTES ELI MANNING'S RANKING AS THE 31ST BEST PLAYER IN THE NFL, SAYS NY GIANTS' QB IS NO. 1 IN HIS BOOK

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]CHRIS CANTY DISPUTES ELI MANNING'S RANKING AS THE 31ST BEST PLAYER IN THE NFL, SAYS NY GIANTS' QB IS NO. 1 IN HIS BOOK

"He has two Super Bowl MVPs, victories over the likes of Aaron Rodgers and
    Tony Romo, and a recent mastery over Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.
    But, apparently, Eli Manning doesn't have enough attitude.

And to Manning's Giants teammate Chris Canty, that's the
    only possible explanation for the quarterback's still-low standing in the NFL
    Network's recent Top 100 players rankings. In a survey of NFL players, Manning
    checked in at No. 31
    , despite a season filled with come-from-behind
    heroics.

"He's No. 1 in my book, there's no question about it," Canty said Thursday,
    in between working with youngsters at his Camp of Champions youth football camp
    in Manhattan.

But, Canty added, Manning is often easy to overlook.

"First of all, he's little brother (to Peyton Manning),"
    Canty said. "And his persona, how he presents himself. He's not brash, he's not
    outspoken. And humility gets a bad rap in our league. Unfortunately, it's become
    a talking league, everybody wants to talk, talk, talk. But he lets his play do
    the talking."

Rodgers was ranked No. 1 in the poll. Ben Roethlisberger (30), Brady (4) and
    Drew Brees (2) were the only quarterbacks ranked ahead of Manning.

This past season, Manning outplayed everyone when it counted the most. His 15
    fourth-quarter TD passes were the most in league history, and he had a 110.0 QB
    rating in the final frame. In the postseason, he threw nine TD passes and just
    one interception.

That helped earn Manning a spot in the NFL Network Top 100, just one year
    after he hadn't even landed in the rankings at all. But to Canty, the ranking
    was "too little, too late."

"When you break Johnny Unitas' record for fourth-quarter touchdown passes, I
    think he deserves to be a little higher than 31 on the Top 100," Canty said.
    "His play speaks for itself. Two-time Super Bowl champion, two-time Super Bowl
    MVP . . . He plays well in big moments when it really counts, which is crucial
    for a quarterback."

Canty is hardly the only Giant who thinks Manning was snubbed yet again. Last
    weekend, defensive end Justin Tuck said it was "a joke" that Manning checked in
    at No. 31. And on Thursday, linebacker Michael Boley, one of a handful of NFL
    stars helping at Canty's camp, agreed with the rest of Big Blue.

"It's just a poll, I guess," Boley said, who added that he did not have a
    vote. "His stats and winning two Super Bowls, it speaks for itself. Eli would
    have definitely gotten my vote for No. 1 . . . He's not the flashiest, but he
    wins games."

And in the end, said Canty, that's all that counts, silly NFL Network poll be
    damned.

"It doesn't really matter. I'm sure Eli's not losing any sleep over being
    rated 31," Canty said. "He's thinking about how to make our football team better
    this coming season."

[/quote]

Top100 2011 is a complete sham. I just don't understand how Eli is ranked as low as he is. I think the hate comes from him playing for a NYC metro area team. I would say the hate is comparable to those that hate NY Yankee players.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

Re: CHRIS CANTY DISPUTES ELI MANNING'S RANKING AS THE 31ST BEST PLAYER IN THE NFL, SAYS NY GIANTS' QB IS NO. 1 IN HIS BOOK

Just another popularity contest where the Giants never fare well. Cowboys will finish 2-14 and still end up with 7-8 pro bowlers, half as starters, total sham.

Tim Tebow making the Top 100 tells you everything you need to know about that list

Considering that according to last years list that Eli Manning was not slated to be one of the top 100 for 2011 and what he did in 2011 shows how accurate the list actually is.

I don't know why people get worked up over it. It's a popularity contest. Nothing more. It has nothing to do with the game of football.