+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Has The Better QBs ? NFC-East Or AFC-West ?

Re: Who Has The Better QBs ? NFC-East Or AFC-West ?

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]I'd say:

1) Eli
    2) Peyton (have to put him second until we see how the arm is doing)
    3) Rivers
    4) Romo
    5) Vick
    6) Cassell
    7) RG3
    8) Palmer

So, if you add up their ranking with the lower number the better, NFC = 17; AFC = 19

Slight edge to NFC East, but it's really a wash.

[/quote]</p>

I think that I would flip-flop Rivers and Romo (neither has won a SB but Romo's numbers were sick last year and Rivers had an off year), and would put Palmer ahead of RGIII and Cassell. </p>

Still gives you the same 17-19 score . . . .. </p>[/quote]

yeah, I'm not sure what to make of Palmer at this point in time and who knows about RG3 yet.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

1) Eli
    3) Rivers
    4) Romo
    5) Vick
    6) Cassell
    7) RG3
    8) Palmer

So, if you add up their ranking with the lower number the better, NFC = 17;* AFC = 19

Slight edge to NFC East, but it's really a wash.*

[/quote]</P>

I think that I would flip-flop Rivers and Romo (neither has won a SB but Romo's numbers were sick last year and Rivers had an off year), and would put Palmer ahead of RGIII and Cassell.* </P>

Still gives you the same 17-19 score . . . .*. *</P>[/quote]

Rivers had more yards then Romo and only 4 less touchdowns. their stats were very similar, I find it odd how one was "sick" and one was an "off year" :/.
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]AFC west Rivers &gt; Romo (the stat machines) If you count losing playoff games, Eli wins this hands down:</P>

Palmer = Vick (both had injury issues, Vick better athlete, Palmer better passer IMO)Palmer is the true passer but don'tthink he's halfof what he was in his hey day, Vick can't win playoff games, a toss up:</P>

Payton &gt; RG3 (the newest QB's to the Division) I would put Rex over RG3, he'll be the starter for the skins, RG will get killed and walk away with the guaranteed money:</P>

Romo / Rivers /Cassel (odd men out) none of them have won squat[/quote]</P>
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

1) Eli
    3) Rivers
    4) Romo
    5) Vick
    6) Cassell
    7) RG3
    8) Palmer

So, if you add up their ranking with the lower number the better, NFC = 17; AFC = 19

[/quote]</P>

I think that I would flip-flop Rivers and Romo (neither has won a SB but Romo's numbers were sick last year and Rivers had an off year), and would put Palmer ahead of RGIII and Cassell. </P>

Still gives you the same 17-19 score . . . .. </P>

[/quote] Rivers had more yards then Romo and only 4 less touchdowns. their stats were very similar, I find it odd how one was "sick" and one was an "off year" :/.[/quote]</P>

Are you familiar with a statistic called interceptions?</P>

Romo - 31 TD's and 10 INT's = sick year</P>

Rivers - 27 TD's and 20 INT's = off year</P>

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

1) Eli
    3) Rivers
    4) Romo
    5) Vick
    6) Cassell
    7) RG3
    8) Palmer

So, if you add up their ranking with the lower number the better, NFC = 17;* AFC = 19

[/quote]</P>

I think that I would flip-flop Rivers and Romo (neither has won a SB but Romo's numbers were sick last year and Rivers had an off year), and would put Palmer ahead of RGIII and Cassell.* </P>

Still gives you the same 17-19 score . . . .*. *</P>

[/quote] Rivers had more yards then Romo and only 4 less touchdowns. their stats were very similar, I find it odd how one was "sick" and one was an "off year" :/.[/quote]</P>

Rivers - 27 TD's and 20 INT's = off year</P>[/quote]

are you actually saying Interceptions determine whether someone had a good year or not?

Edit- for further clarification, i'm not saying Rivers had an all-star year or anything. I just don't believe he was as bad as people make his season out to be.
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

1) Eli
    3) Rivers
    4) Romo
    5) Vick
    6) Cassell
    7) RG3
    8) Palmer

[/quote]</P>

I think that I would flip-flop Rivers and Romo (neither has won a SB but Romo's numbers were sick last year and Rivers had an off year), and would put Palmer ahead of RGIII and Cassell. </P>

[/quote] are you actually saying Interceptions determine whether someone had a good year or not? Edit- for further clarification, i'm not saying Rivers had an all-star year or anything. I just don't believe he was as bad as people make his season out to be.[/quote]</P>

Yes, I am actually saying that interceptions are in important factor in determining whether or not a QB had a good year or not. </P>

Are you actually saying that interceptions should be completely ignored in determining whether or not a QB had a good year (since you completely ignored interceptions in your first post comparing Romo and Rivers)?</P>

Are you actually denying that Rivers had an off year last year?</P>

2008 - 34 TD's, 11 INT's, QB Rating: 105.5</P>

2009 - 28 TD's, 9 INT's, QB Rating: 104.4</P>

2010 - 30 TD's, 13 INT's, QB Rating: 101.8</P>

2011 - 27 TD's, 20 INT's, QB Rating: 88.7</P>

</P>

</P>

I'm just curious as to why Rivers is considered better than Romo?

Seems to be the consensus here and I can sort of see it, but don't understand why it's seemingly unanimous.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]I'm just curious as to why Rivers is considered better than Romo? Seems to be the consensus here and I can sort of see it, but don't understand why it's seemingly unanimous.[/quote]</P>

I think that there is no question that Romo had a better year than Rivers last year.</P>

</P>

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

1) Eli
    3) Rivers
    4) Romo
    5) Vick
    6) Cassell
    7) RG3
    8) Palmer

[/quote]</P>

Still gives you the same 17-19 score . . . .*. *</P>

[/quote] are you actually saying Interceptions determine whether someone had a good year or not? Edit- for further clarification, i'm not saying Rivers had an all-star year or anything. I just don't believe he was as bad as people make his season out to be.[/quote]</P>

Yes, I am actually saying that interceptions are in important factor in determining whether or not a QB had a good year or not.* </P>

Are you actually saying that interceptions should be completely ignored in determining whether or not a QB had a good year (since you completely ignored interceptions in your first post comparing Romo and Rivers)?</P>

*</P>

*</P>[/quote]

Yes!!!!! that is exactly what i'm saying

Sorry, although I think interceptions are important, i hate when people put more weight into that 1 stat then any other one.

guess I just expect less stats from an "off year" then most people.

Did Rivers have a better year then Romo? No, not really i'll agree to that. But should he still be considered the better quarterback between the two? yes, I believe he should.

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

1) Eli
    3) Rivers
    4) Romo
    5) Vick
    6) Cassell
    7) RG3
    8) Palmer

[/quote]</P>

Yes, I am actually saying that interceptions are in important factor in determining whether or not a QB had a good year or not. </P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote] Yes!!!!! that is exactly what i'm saying Sorry, although I think interceptions are important, i hate when people put more weight into that 1 stat then any other one. guess I just expect less stats from an "off year" then most people. Did Rivers have a better year then Romo? No, not really i'll agree to that. But should he still be considered the better quarterback between the two? yes, I believe he should.[/quote]</P>

When I said that Rivers had an "off" year I was just speaking strictly interms of comparing his 2011 to his past few seasons.</P>

His "off" yearcould be a considered a decent year for many other QB's in the league.</P>

I guess that I'm still bitter because I spent a high draft pick on him in fantasy football thinking that he was going to have a monster year . . . . .</P>

+ Reply to Thread