+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Detroit Can't do Playoffs, But They Sure Can Party

Re: Detroit Can't do Playoffs, But They Sure Can Party

DUI is never right and hopefully those young ones in Detroit are as ashamed and repentant of their actions as our David Diehl appears to be.

I hope those young rookies get their act together and don't mess up their careers. Thank God pur own Davin Tyree was able to turn his life around after his mistake.

I think right now as an organization we are the most upstanding I can remember. That is why I think David Diehl's DUI was taken so seriously and immediately addressed by NY Giants.

Also just because David Diehl got busted for DUI that night doesn't neccessarily mean it waa the first time he has driven drunk.

[quote user="JPP"][quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="redbeardxxv"]Agreed, everyone makes mistakes. His was after 10 years of good conduct. These guys are just kids who feel like they can get away with anything. I hope Detroit can get their **** together. I feel bad for the fans. Keep in mind, there are lifelong Lions fans that have never even seen a SB. We're spoiled, we've seen 4 wins and a loss. (That DEVASTATED us)Lions fans would be thrilled with a loss.[/quote]
    I guess it's okay for me to steal something after being a good citizen for 10 years. He has been in the league for a while and should have known he could have gotten suspended, and/or hurt someone.

And nice that you're judging 'kids' without even meeting him, to a completely different standard to our player. Everyone makes mistakes, but if you're a rookie, then its bad, but if you're a 10 year vet that plays for the giants, it's okay.[/quote]

This is the smack talk section right?[/quote]
    What I can't argue for the lions fans that aren't here?

The DUI is one thing......but these guys, with all that money, don't know how to beat a drug test?

One DUI to the Lions how many offenses? get the F out here with that crap bro.

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="redbeardxxv"]Agreed, everyone makes mistakes. His was after 10 years of good conduct. These guys are just kids who feel like they can get away with anything. I hope Detroit can get their **** together. I feel bad for the fans. Keep in mind, there are lifelong Lions fans that have never even seen a SB. We're spoiled, we've seen 4 wins and a loss. (That DEVASTATED us)Lions fans would be thrilled with a loss.[/quote]
    I guess it's okay for me to steal something after being a good citizen for 10 years. He has been in the league for a while and should have known he could have gotten suspended, and/or hurt someone.

And nice that you're judging 'kids' without even meeting him, to a completely different standard to our player. Everyone makes mistakes, but if you're a rookie, then its bad, but if you're a 10 year vet that plays for the giants, it's okay.[/quote]

Let me try to be more clear. DD has shown himself to be an upstanding, responsible citizen for more than a decade. He has a proven track record that shows this DUI was an isolated incident.
    The Lions players involved in DUI's, possession, reckless driving, etc. have a track record of .....well, this is their track record. They have created NOTHING to look back at and judge them against. Yes, they are young kids who think they can do whatever they want because they're rich, big time NFL players. They are kids-it's a natural progression of thought for some. I didn't say they were bad guys. I never called them Thugs or denigrated them in any fashion. They're just kids who have just gotten million dollar contracts and have a bevy of people telling them how great they are. They need to step back and understand that they are not untouchable, and they need to create a history upon which to be judged.
    DD's DUI is not acceptable, nor do I condone his behavior, but I can call it a mistake. His history shows who he is not. These Lions players haven't proven anything yet.

[quote user="the_fish62"]One DUI to the Lions how many offenses? get the F out here with that crap bro.
    [/quote]

Folks are actually going to argue which team has more guys with DUIs?

Double post......

[quote user="buffyblue"][quote user="the_fish62"]One DUI to the Lions how many offenses? get the F out here with that crap bro.
    [/quote]

Folks are actually going to argue which team has more guys with DUIs?[/quote]

Stuffs slow bro

Starter

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="JPP"][quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="redbeardxxv"]Agreed, everyone makes mistakes. His was after 10 years of good conduct. These guys are just kids who feel like they can get away with anything. I hope Detroit can get their **** together. I feel bad for the fans. Keep in mind, there are lifelong Lions fans that have never even seen a SB. We're spoiled, we've seen 4 wins and a loss. (That DEVASTATED us)Lions fans would be thrilled with a loss.[/quote]

This is the smack talk section right?[/quote]
    What I can't argue for the lions fans that aren't here?[/quote]

No that is fine but you were ragging on him about his knowledge of the players, which you have no idea how much insight he may or may not have, and for "judging" them when in reality if we gave everybody their dues, so to speak, then there wouldn't even be a smack talk section.

Your point about Diehl is good but he still had 10 years of not being disruptive to the team and now he has made a mistake. These rookies we can't even say made a one time mistake because they all have multiple issues and they are only a year into their careers, it is a much different situation.

Edit: I guess everybody already got to you. lol

+ Reply to Thread