+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Player "X" has proven to be worth a "_____" draft pick"

hey, i was bored. and was thinking about players we have taken, whether they were worth it, and what that said players draft value is worth based on his career so far.

ill start off with a couple...

Nicks-first rounder. def. worth a 1rst rounder. if we had a time machine and could see how pivotal he's been, and we had to trade to get him on draft day, i'd say he'd be worth a 1rst and a 4th or something...he's been that good.

Eli-traded for, ton of picks that we all know by now. was worth it. i think what we gave up to get him the first time around would seem like a 7th round pick if every team had the ability to try and trade to draft him. with elis career so far and the success he's had, i could see a team if they had a time machine, giving up 3 1rst round picks, maybe 4, to get the results that hes had so far.

ok anyone else bored enough to think of some players and assess them based on this metric?

Re: "Player "X" has proven to be worth a "_____" draft pick"

That's interesting because now that we look back, the pick we traded doesn't represent a draft choice but an actual player. If we would thrown in another fourth round draft choice it would have been Phillip Dillard. Definitely worth it for Nicks.

All-Pro

Good topic of discussion.

Very hard to do this, which leads to the fun.

If another team wanted to trade for nicks they'd have to give up a heck of alot more than a first rounder and4th rounder. However, looking at it like that entails the value for the rest of his career, not up to this point.

Another thing to realize is that the expectations of a top five pick are much greater than that of a mid or late first rounder. So by just saying a first rounder leads to alot of room for misinterpretation.

I'll go with jpp. he's played like the first overall pick in a draft should play.

Nicks is worth 2 1st round picks.

Eli 4 1st rounders.

JPP 3 1st rounders.

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"]Nicks is worth 2 1st round picks.

Eli 4 1st rounders.

JPP 3 1st rounders.[/quote]

I don't think that's the goal of the thread.

[quote user="lawl"]Good topic of discussion.

Very hard to do this, which leads to the fun.

If another team wanted to trade for nicks they'd have to give up a heck of alot more than a first rounder and4th rounder. However, looking at it like that entails the value for the rest of his career, not up to this point.

Another thing to realize is that the expectations of a top five pick are much greater than that of a mid or late first rounder. So by just saying a first rounder leads to alot of room for misinterpretation.

I'll go with jpp. he's played like the first overall pick in a draft should play.[/quote]

jpp has played like a first overall pick for sure. he was as successful as any first pick of recent memory.

could u imagine the bidding war if his draft could be done over...i cant think of one team that wouldnt want JPP and do whatever itd take to get him...

i dont think itd be unfair to say that a first overall pick isnt even enough for JPP...gotta be like first overall and a franchise qb lol

Corey Webster 2nd round pick playing like a top 10 1st rounder!

will beatty?
    boley?
    kp?
    tuck?
    kiwi?

Bradshaw (7th) would probably be a low 1 or high 2. Cruz (undrafted) would of course be a 1. Probably the best value players the Giants currently have.
    Tuck (3rd) would be an easy 1st - another very high value pick.

Bench Player

Jaquain Williams has proven to be worth a third round draft pick and he was gotten in the 6th i think