+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

We Need to Sign Shiancoe

We need this guy..do we have the cap space left to sign him up?
    I am very skeptical of the tight end position..he's a great fit for Eli and our offense...

Re: We Need to Sign Shiancoe

I don't know whether or not we "need" to sign him, but I would certainly be on board with signing him (as I have mentioned in other threads).

Id be more skeptical of the TE position if they felt the need to sign Shiancoe. A guy the entire NFL seems to not have much interest in.

why do we need to sign him?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Id be more skeptical of the TE position if they felt the need to sign Shiancoe. A guy the entire NFL seems to not have much interest in.[/quote]

I think that his demands are too high and that is why he is not getting signed.

He apparently turned down a 1 year, $1.2M offer from the Seahawks . . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...deal-in-march/

I wouln't be opposed to signing him for a 1 year, $1.5M deal . . . sort of a cheap insurance policy if Bennett is injured.

I think we'll get by at TE with what we have and I doubt we have the money to spend but this article interested me, but if we had the money:

Percy Harvin, star wide receiver for the Minnesota Vikings, has requested a trade from the team. Should the New York Giants be interested if the Vikings were to decide to grant Harvin's apparent request?

A big trade for a star player is not the way the Giants generally operate, but Harvin is at least worth talking about. He is 24, is a rising star in the league and the Giants do have question marks at wide receiver entering training camp. Mario Manningham is in San Francisco, Hakeem Nicks is hurt and beyond Victor Cruz are guys with potential, but a whole lot to prove.

So, let's talk about Harvin. He caught 87 passes last season and has 218 receptions in his three-year career. He also averages 26.6 yards over 98 career kickoff returns. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Harvin is an explosive, proven playmaker.

Would it be in the Giants' best interest to send the Vikings a bushel of draft picks -- and probably one of their own stable on young receivers -- for Harvin?

Veteran

[quote user="JesseJames"]I think we'll get by at TE with what we have and I doubt we have the money to spend but this article interested me, but if we had the money:

Percy Harvin, star wide receiver for the Minnesota Vikings, has requested a trade from the team. Should the New York Giants be interested if the Vikings were to decide to grant Harvin's apparent request?

A big trade for a star player is not the way the Giants generally operate, but Harvin is at least worth talking about. He is 24, is a rising star in the league and the Giants do have question marks at wide receiver entering training camp. Mario Manningham is in San Francisco, Hakeem Nicks is hurt and beyond Victor Cruz are guys with potential, but a whole lot to prove.

So, let's talk about Harvin. He caught 87 passes last season and has 218 receptions in his three-year career. He also averages 26.6 yards over 98 career kickoff returns. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Harvin is an explosive, proven playmaker.

Would it be in the Giants' best interest to send the Vikings a bushel of draft picks -- and probably one of their own stable on young receivers -- for Harvin?[/quote]

just a question... did you mean to read font any of that?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="JesseJames"]I think we'll get by at TE with what we have and I doubt we have the money to spend but this article interested me, but if we had the money:

Would it be in the Giants' best interest to send the Vikings a bushel of draft picks -- and probably one of their own stable on young receivers -- for Harvin?[/quote]

No. We've been grooming wide receivers and tight ends for the last four years. Every time we think it'll be our weakness, it ends up being a strong point. Not interested in giving up a 2nd round pick, then give the guy a 5 year, 60 mm deal when we need to sign Nicks and Cruz.

[quote user="gmoney11"]We need this guy..do we have the cap space left to sign him up?
    I am very skeptical of the tight end position..he's a great fit for Eli and our offense...[/quote]

Do we really have to "need" every free agent that no one else wants?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="JesseJames"]I think we'll get by at TE with what we have and I doubt we have the money to spend but this article interested me, but if we had the money:

No. We've been grooming wide receivers and tight ends for the last four years. Every time we think it'll be our weakness, it ends up being a strong point. Not interested in giving up a 2nd round pick, then give the guy a 5 year, 60 mm deal when we need to sign Nicks and Cruz.[/quote]

What TEs have we groomed and could said to be a strength of a team? Boss wasn't anything special. Ballard wasn't groomed to be the starter. He became the starter because Boss signed elsewhere. Pascoe and Beckum haven't been groomed into anything. TE is not a strength and hasn't been the past few years. Even Shcokey was in decline before he was traded. TE has never been a strength of any of Coughlin's teams in NY. Celek, Witten and Davis are all better than anything we have on our roster at TE right now.