+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i don't think the national media realizes how much talent this team has.

1. great coach.
    2. great qb.
    3. great receivers
    4. average oline, like pitt didn't stop them from winning superbowl.
    5. best dline in football.
    6. average lb, i think.
    7. secondary is good, but too many mental mistakes.

could be better in returning the ball.

great front offices as well

Veteran

Re: i don't think the national media realizes how much talent this team has.

[B]
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!

Agreed, but I'm still wondering how we got shafted with this schedule while the Patsies got the easiest in the league. They only play 4 teams with a winning record this year..... but I digress....
    I agree with all your points, but....... look at our schedule. It's brutal. I still think we make the playoffs, beating Philly in our house to take the division and end the regular season. From there, who knows... we're in a great place right now. Franchise QB in his prime, BIGTIME receivers in theirs, A proven RB and an up-and-comer that looks to be the real deal, the BEST d line in football today, and a serviceable defense that features C Web and Rolle, and of course, the coach who makes it all work. Yes, it's a good time to be a GIANTS fan.

There is not too much control of the schedule every year except 2 games.

Every year you play H/A with your division opponents (6); you alternate the AFC division group so this year its AFC North (4); you alternate an NFC division group so this year its the NFC South (4); the other 2 games are vs. the other similar place finishers from 2011; we finish first so we play SF and GB.

Each year, whose to say what is "tough". The teams change year to year and its so hard to say now who you might perceive is tough is actually a better match-up and vice-verse as the season progresses.

My perspective: I will take the SB Title and deal with the schedule as it is given

I also feels it really helps your team be better battle tested and prepared for the playoffs.

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]Agreed, but I'm still wondering how we got shafted with this schedule while the Patsies got the easiest in the league. They only play 4 teams with a winning record this year..... but I digress....
    I agree with all your points, but....... look at our schedule. It's brutal. I still think we make the playoffs, beating Philly in our house to take the division and end the regular season. From there, who knows... we're in a great place right now. Franchise QB in his prime, BIGTIME receivers in theirs, A proven RB and an up-and-comer that looks to be the real deal, the BEST d line in football today, and a serviceable defense that features C Web and Rolle, and of course, the coach who makes it all work. Yes, it's a good time to be a GIANTS fan.[/quote]Well, after we are done playing our divisional games, AFC South, NFC West, our last two slots were filled in with Ravens and Denver. I am not sure they could have picked better teams....You guys had a tough schedule last year as well and i said at the start that if you guys made the playoffs, you certainly earned it..

You know, we sit and ponder how bad / good the schedule is, but do we really know who is going to perform?

I mean, we play GB and San Fran, they could be busts this year, we don't know. On paper it's an extremely rough schedule (because of the playoff teams we face from last year), but we really don't know what is going to happen.

What we DO KNOW, however, is that Coughlin will make do with what he has, and I think as of now, he is the best in the business. We're lucky we have an owner like Mara who never lost faith in him.

Like Coughlin said last year:

"To be the best, you have to play the best."
    Besides we seem to play better against better teams.
    I miss Red Hook!

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]Agreed, but I'm still wondering how we got shafted with this schedule while the Patsies got the easiest in the league. They only play 4 teams with a winning record this year..... but I digress....
    I agree with all your points, but....... look at our schedule. It's brutal. I still think we make the playoffs, beating Philly in our house to take the division and end the regular season. From there, who knows... we're in a great place right now. Franchise QB in his prime, BIGTIME receivers in theirs, A proven RB and an up-and-comer that looks to be the real deal, the BEST d line in football today, and a serviceable defense that features C Web and Rolle, and of course, the coach who makes it all work. Yes, it's a good time to be a GIANTS fan.[/quote]
    The Pats actually had a rubbish schedule last season, too. If I remember correctly, they only beat one team which ended up making the playoffs - that was the Broncos. They lost to the Bills, the Steelers, and of course, the Giants.

I don't think the media really cares how much talent this team has, all they seem to care about is giving reasons why we won't do well ...

My truth be told, I don't care what the mumbling, bumbling media says. What I'm concerned about is improving Big Blue..And thats exactly what I think we've done in theoff season. Got a class A RB and WR. Got a CB who may be a huge value, a TE that may show us catching skills as well as blocking abilities. With that some hopefull linemen to pick up the pace up front. All that is hopefully speaking of course. Remember its the draft not FA . Go Big Blue!!!

All-Pro

I agree with all your points, but....... look at our schedule. It's brutal. I still think we make the playoffs, beating Philly in our house to take the division and end the regular season. From there, who knows... we're in a great place right now. Franchise QB in his prime, BIGTIME receivers in theirs, A proven RB and an up-and-comer that looks to be the real deal, the BEST d line in football today, and a serviceable defense that features C Web and Rolle, and of course, the coach who makes it all work. Yes, it's a good time to be a GIANTS fan.[/quote]

The more I look at the end of our schedule, the easier it gets. New Orleans, Atlanta, Washington, Philly are all winable games. Baltimore may not be as good as their d is another year older and without the DPOY. Cincy? Eh. They ain't be easy, but are very winable for us to make another late season run.