+ Reply to Thread

NFC EAST'S "DYNAMIC DUOS"

NFC EAST'S "DYNAMIC DUOS"

Excerpt: "Our man Gary Horton listed his top 10 "dynamic duos" in the NFC last
    week. It's an Insider piece, so all I can really tell you is that Philadelphia Eagles defensive ends Trent Cole and Jason Babin, who combined for 29 sacks
    last year, ranked second on the list and New
    York Giants
    defensive ends Justin Tuck and Jason Pierre-Paul ranked ninth. My
    innate knowledge of the inner workings of the minds of my readers tells me that
    a percentage of you are already furious about this disparity and are suggesting
    that Horton be institutionalized.

Me? I think I'd rank the Giants' ends
    ahead of the Eagles' ends, but it's extremely close, and the key thing to
    remember is that these are four elite pass-rushers and the only four represented
    at all on Gary's list. If you had the second pick in a pass-rushing-duo draft,
    you'd be pretty fired up to know you were getting one of these two.

But
    anyway, that's all for my effort to impart perspective where it's often
    unwelcome. I'd rather move on, and examine the topic of "dymanic duos" more
    deeply as it pertains to the NFC East. I've got one for each team (other than
    the ones Gary picked) that fits the description of current dynamic duo and one
    duo that each team hopes can be the new dynamic duo of 2012.

New York Giants

Currently: Wide
    receivers Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. They combined for 158
    catches, 2,728 and 16 touchdowns last year in the regular season alone. The only
    other team with two players in the top 12 in receiving yards for 2011 was the New England Patriots, and one of their guys was a tight end.

Hopefully: Running backs Ahmad Bradshaw and David Wilson. The Giants' first hope for
    their running game in 2012 is that Bradshaw can keep his feet healthy. Their
    second is that the offensive line has a better year blocking for him. And their
    third is that someone emerge from their group of relatively inexperienced backs
    to take the place of Brandon Jacobs as Bradshaw's backup.
    They'd love it to be first-round pick Wilson, who has excellent speed and would
    provide a nice change of pace on the edge to complement Bradshaw's tough running
    style. But like Claiborne in the Cowboys' section, he has to show he can handle
    the pro game." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: NFC EAST'S "DYNAMIC DUOS"

Interesting.

There's some more disrespect for you. So, if Cole and Babin, Tuck and JPP are both dynamic duos. Why is it that the duo that did not make the playoffs ranked ahead of the one that won the SB? Must be regular season sack totals.

Brilliant. Because we all know that is the crowning achievement sack totals represents. And it only shows just how bad the rest of the Dream team must be since they are keeping the best DE combo in the NFL from making the playoffs.

the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

All-Pro

Both are solid sack duo's, but Id take our homegrown beasts rather then the guys in green.