+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CORNERBACK RATINGS: GIANTS CHECK IN AT # 11

CORNERBACK RATINGS: GIANTS CHECK IN AT # 11

"Our friends at SBNation.com have put together a list ranking which
    NFL teams have the league's best cornerbacks
    . Let's discuss.

SBNation.com places the New York Giants No.
    11 on its list of the league's 32 corrnerback groups. I have zero problem with
    that, really. Corey Webster
    is very good, but probably not a guy you would call a 'shutdown' corner. There
    is reason to be optimistic about everyone else in the group, yet also questions
    about each player.

Look at the rest of the list, though. Do the Philadelphia
    Eagles
    really belong at No. 3, even with the writer admitting that the
    Eagles secondary "underwhelmed" a season ago? How do you feel about the Dallas Cowboys being
    No. 4?

On the flip side, it's pretty hard to argue with the New York Jets at No.
    1. Love them or hate them, you have to be willing to admit how good Darrelle
    Revis
    is. Antonio
    Cromartie
    would be the best corner on a lot of teams around the league, as
    well."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: CORNERBACK RATINGS: GIANTS CHECK IN AT # 11

Dallas is too high right now, although I could see them being top 5 later this year.

Claiborne hasn't proven anything yet, but I believe he will be a very tough corner in the NFL.

Jenkins and Carr would make a great duo should Jenkins stay and Orlando Scandrick is very good in the slot, but not many other places.

If Claiborne plays up to the level he's capable of, Dallas has 4 solid corners young corners.

Corey Webster is severely underrated by anyone who does not think he is shutdown. He shutdown just about everyone last year he played against. Keep in mind every CB gets beat once in a while, even Revis. Steve Johnson abused Revis last year. Meanwhile, CW shut Johnson down when we played the Bills. And no, I am not saying CW is better than Revis. I'm just saying he is definitely a shutdown CB.

As far as #11 goes, that's hard to assess, since we lost Ross and don't know how TT will do coming back from injury. But, I don't think you should anoint the Boys at #4 just because they traded up to pick a rookie CB. The boys did that because we abused their CBs last year. We made Newman look absolutely silly out there. And I won't be surprised if in game one, we make the rookie look lost, too. He is a rookie after all.
    Do not feed the trolls.

[quote user="Mercury"]Corey Webster is severely underrated by anyone who does not think he is shutdown.* He shutdown just about everyone last year he played against.* Keep in mind every CB gets beat once in a while, even Revis.* Steve Johnson abused Revis last year.* Meanwhile, CW shut Johnson down when we played the Bills.* And no, I am not saying CW is better than Revis.* I'm just saying he is definitely a shutdown CB.

As far as #11 goes, that's hard to assess, since we lost Ross and don't know how TT will do coming back from injury.* But, I don't think you should anoint the Boys at #4 just because they traded up to pick a rookie CB.* The boys did that because we abused their CBs last year.* We made Newman look absolutely silly out there.* And I won't be surprised if in game one, we make the rookie look lost, too.* He is a rookie after all.
    [/quote]

+1

[quote user="Mercury"]Corey Webster is severely underrated by anyone who does not think he is shutdown. He shutdown just about everyone last year he played against. Keep in mind every CB gets beat once in a while, even Revis. Steve Johnson abused Revis last year. Meanwhile, CW shut Johnson down when we played the Bills. And no, I am not saying CW is better than Revis. I'm just saying he is definitely a shutdown CB.

As far as #11 goes, that's hard to assess, since we lost Ross and don't know how TT will do coming back from injury. But, I don't think you should anoint the Boys at #4 just because they traded up to pick a rookie CB. The boys did that because we abused their CBs last year. We made Newman look absolutely silly out there. And I won't be surprised if in game one, we make the rookie look lost, too. He is a rookie after all.
    [/quote]

+2

I don't understand Dallas at number 3... They sucked last year and they have an unproven rookie and Brandon Carr who has the stats but gives up a lot of receptions.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]Dallas is too high right now, although I could see them being top 5 later this year.

Claiborne hasn't proven anything yet, but I believe he will be a very tough corner in the NFL.

Jenkins and Carr would make a great duo should Jenkins stay and Orlando Scandrick is very good in the slot, but not many other places.

If Claiborne plays up to the level he's capable of, Dallas has 4 solid corners young corners.[/quote]

May they continue to get toasted by Eli, Nicks, and Cruz for many many many years to come! Just another year of mediocrity from the cowpoops.

Cowboys at 4? LOL should we bring up the highlights of Cruz and Nick flying past their defense? Or Hynoski jumping over Newman? Is this a list of corner tandems going into the 2012 season?
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

[quote user="Rudyy"]Cowboys at 4? LOL should we bring up the highlights of Cruz and Nick flying past their defense? Or Hynoski jumping over Newman? Is this a list of corner tandems going into the 2012 season?[/quote]

Those players are long gone

The Gigalo with the most below

All-Pro

Lol. So Dallas has a great secondary now because of FA signing and a draft pick? Did they forget the Gianys drafted a stud CB last year that played every well in the post season even though he missed most of his rookie season. Team him up with Webster and I think the Giants will have a ver good secondary.