+ Reply to Thread

NFC EAST TRAINING CAMP BATTLES

NFC EAST TRAINING CAMP BATTLES

Excerpt: "NEW YORK GIANTS

No. 3 wide receiver: Rueben Randle versus Domenik Hixon.

The Giants
    have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL in Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz, but the free-agent departure
    of Mario Manningham left that No.
    3 spot open. They drafted Randle in the second round and think very highly of
    him, but that's not going to be what gets him the job. He'll need to outplay the
    other guys in training camp in order to earn it, and the other three names on
    this list have more experience in the league and the offense. My pick as the
    current favorite to open the season in that spot is Hixon, who was the favorite
    for it last year before re-injuring his knee. I think that, if he's healthy,
    he's got the best chance to land that position. But that's a huge "if" with
    Hixon, and Randle, Ramses Barden and Jerrel Jernigan all have the physical
    tools they need to impress coaches during this competition. It's probably
    Barden's last chance to show he can stay on the field and compete. And Jernigan
    has a shot to stick if he shows he can help in the return game. But my best
    prediction is a healthy Hixon wins the job and Randle gradually takes snaps away
    from him during the year as he continues to develop into the long-term answer." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: NFC EAST TRAINING CAMP BATTLES

I'd like to see what they are about before I make decisions on who will out-perform the other.

Hixon we all know about, but Randle... we'll see

Well between the two only one has NFL experience. In 2008, Hixon lead all receivers in yards and that included Amani Toomer and Steve Smith. IF he can stay healthy, I think he's going to have to be beaten out of # 3.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro

I could see Hixon getting the #3 spot over Randle to start the season and then take it over during the season. Hixon has the experience. Unless Randle lights it up in the pre season and he will get his chance with Nicks still out.

[quote user="buddy33"]I could see Hixon getting the #3 spot over Randle to start the season and then take it over during the season. Hixon has the experience. Unless Randle lights it up in the pre season and he will get his chance with Nicks still out.[/quote]

Not a bad dilemma to have.

All-Pro

No, and let's say Randle does get a lot of playing time in the pre season. When Nicks is healthy they could have a very good set o WR's.

[quote user="buddy33"]No, and let's say Randle does get a lot of playing time in the pre season. When Nicks is healthy they could have a very good set o WR's.[/quote]

I'd say that's right. If we can get the running game on track, watch out!