+ Reply to Thread

Super bowl odds last year

When we (GIANTS) fell to .500 ....how high did the odds go against us winning it all?
    somebody told me it was 1000 to 1.. Could that be true?

Re: Super bowl odds last year

There was a lot of press about this just before the Super Bowl, and I seem to remember them saying that the Vegas odds on the Giants winning the Super Bowl back in December was about 80-1...

Ohh.. nowhere near what I heard .. thanks

It was actually 100:1

From SBRforum.com dated Jan 18 2012

After a Week 13 loss to the Packers left the Giants at 6-6 and losers of four straight, oddsmakers shifted the Giantsí Super Bowl odds to 100-to-1. Giants fans pounced.

A week before gameday, the bookies in vegas were pulling their hair out, because a lot of NY$ was laid down in the beginning of the season wit the hopes..............
    and the rest is vegas history, and guess what, what happened there didn't stay there....lol
    I miss Red Hook!

[quote user="EmpressTouch"]Really gutted I didn't stick £5 on them, all the omens were telling us we'd do it![/quote]

Ahhh, you live and learn. Just imagine the 5 pounds went for pizza the day of the game....lol
    I miss Red Hook!

All-Pro

[quote user="bklyn1028"]It was actually 100:1

After a Week 13 loss to the Packers left the Giants at 6-6 and losers of four straight, oddsmakers shifted the Giantsí Super Bowl odds to 100-to-1. Giants fans pounced.

A week before gameday, the bookies in vegas were pulling their hair out, because a lot of NY$ was laid down in the beginning of the season wit the hopes..............
    and the rest is vegas history, and guess what, what happened there didn't stay there....lol[/quote]

And Vegas lost a TON of money on it. 100 to 1 odds? People got paid off that.

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="bklyn1028"]It was actually 100:1

and the rest is vegas history, and guess what, what happened there didn't stay there....lol[/quote]

And Vegas lost a TON of money on it. 100 to 1 odds? People got paid off that.[/quote]

Me and british blue laid down 100 when ny was 7-7.. Everyone mad fun of us. ..

Where is british blue these days

[quote user="GIANTSACK"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="bklyn1028"]It was actually 100:1

And Vegas lost a TON of money on it. 100 to 1 odds? People got paid off that.[/quote]

Me and british blue laid down 100 when ny was 7-7.. Everyone mad fun of us. ..

Where is british blue these days[/quote]His private jet flys over my house frequently leaving behind hundred dollar bills. I know it's him cause on the side of the get is "Lord Bless the Queen"

The odds shift based on the amount of $ bet on the team. The more money bet on the G-Men would drive the odds down and up for other teams with less money riding on them. That way all the money taken in gets paid out and Vegas only keeps the vig. Don't think Vegas lost anything when the Giants won, only people that lost were those who bet on any team other than the Giants.

Here's an article that talks about it...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/sp...-win.html?_r=1