+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toomer Rips Sanchez on Sirius

This morning, Toomer said that:</P>

He would rather have McNabb than Sanchez</P>

He thinks that Tebow is a better QB than Sanchez</P>

He's heard from Jets' insiders that Sanchez is great in practice, but that the games are "too big for him".</P>

Sanchez's play has never been better than just decent.</P>

</P>

</P>

Re: Toomer Rips Sanchez on Sirius

I don't know man, I'm not sold on Tebow being a better QB than Sanchez... I really am not.

Having McNabb over Sanchez? Sure maybe for a year, but not for a bigger contract obviously. McNabb is washed up.

Other than that, I think he just needs a nicer set of receivers

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I don't know man, I'm not sold on Tebow being a better QB than Sanchez... I really am not.

Having McNabb over Sanchez? Sure maybe for a year, but not for a bigger contract obviously. McNabb is washed up.

Other than that, I think he just needs a nicer set of receivers[/quote]He has Holmes and Keller, and had Plax. He has receivers. He has a good arm. His main problem is reading defenses.

I don't follow it that close but from what I have seen from Sanchez is if the 1st read is there he is fine, after that it's a crap shoot.</P>

Could see Tebow getting some real time if Sanchez lets the down markers dictate the coach's hand, 3rd adn 5 or more Tebow will be the man!</P>
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

I don't follow it that close but from what I have seen from Sanchez is if the 1st read is there he is fine, after that it's a crap shoot.</p>
    [/quote]

the guy is heading into his 4th year.

how many years did it take Eli to stop locking in on Plax?

i think Sanchez has good mobility, decent arm and size, pretty durable, good athlete. the indecisiveness comes from getting his *** beaten all of last year. his numbers have gone up every year, he's scoring more points. the sacks are high and the interceptions went up, but he's a 25 year old quarterback who's progressing, doesn't go one and done in the playoffs, has handled new york pretty well. hasn't had a losing season yet. 9 TDs 3 INT in the postseason, 4-2 record as starter, all on the road. come on, give the guy a break, its not like he's playing with greatest show on turf talent. his best receiver is a 35 year old ex con.

also, i'm getting annoyed with Toomer constantly trashing people in the media. theres criticism, and then theres malicious bashing.

The jets don't do too good of a job of keeping the same personnel around sanchez. Eli had Toomer, Plax, Shockey, Tiki while growing up for three, four solid years. Sanchez has had good receivers around him, but it switches up every year.

[quote user="NYG 5"][quote user="Joe Morrison"]

I don't follow it that close but from what I have seen from Sanchez is if the 1st read is there he is fine, after that it's a crap shoot.</p>
    [/quote]

the guy is heading into his 4th year.

how many years did it take Eli to stop locking in on Plax?

i think Sanchez has good mobility, decent arm and size, pretty durable, good athlete. the indecisiveness comes from getting his *** beaten all of last year. his numbers have gone up every year, he's scoring more points. the sacks are high and the interceptions went up, but he's a 25 year old quarterback who's progressing, doesn't go one and done in the playoffs, has handled new york pretty well. hasn't had a losing season yet. 9 TDs 3 INT in the postseason, 4-2 record as starter, all on the road. come on, give the guy a break, its not like he's playing with greatest show on turf talent. his best receiver is a 35 year old ex con.

also, i'm getting annoyed with Toomer constantly trashing people in the media. theres criticism, and then theres malicious bashing.
    [/quote]
    Hit the nail on the head. It's funny because I'm a huge Sanchez critic when idiots try comparing him to Eli. But as far as Eli's first few seasons, in all honesty they were probably less impressive than Sanchez'.

I think the Jets could actually perform better if they did their talking on the field as opposed to the media, HBO shows, Pepsi advertisements, and pre-season SB predictions.

Amani needs a job.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

This morning, Toomer said that:</p>

He would rather have McNabb than Sanchez</p>

He thinks that Tebow is a better QB than Sanchez</p>

He's heard from Jets' insiders that Sanchez is great in practice, but that the games are "too big for him".</p>

Sanchez's play has never been better than just decent.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

Tebow undeniably has won games, but he's just not a great QB yet. Is he better than Sanchez? We'll soon see.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran

Plain m&ms all the way!