+ Reply to Thread

NEW YOUR GIANTS' FIVE MOST EXPLOSIVE MOMENTS OF LAST SEASON

NEW YOUR GIANTS' FIVE MOST EXPLOSIVE MOMENTS OF LAST SEASON

"With the Fourth of July comes the inevitable fireworks sessions we all will
    enjoy. However, New York Giants fans have had their share of fireworks they
    enjoyed last season. With that theme in mind, here is a list of the top five
    moments that made last season so memorably explosive.

No. 5) Tynes
    is clutch again:
    On January 22, 2012, the Giants faced the San Francisco
    49ers in an overtime thriller for the chance to go to the Super Bowl. It was a
    tense NFC Championship showdown. 49ers kick returner Kyle Williams fumbles twice
    in the game. The second time set up a chance for Lawrence Tynes to kick a
    game-winning field goal to advance the Giants to the Super Bowl. Tynes didn't
    miss. The Giants won the game 20-17 as a direct result of that sequence of
    events.

Watch the
    moment here

No. 4) J.P.P. blocks a field goal: It
    was December 11, 2011 and the Dallas Cowboys were attempting a game-tying field
    goal as time expired. The Giants called a time out in an attempt to ice the
    Cowboys kicker. The next play, the Giants special teams drove through, crashing
    the line and allowing Jason Pierre-Paul to get just enough of an angle to block
    the attempt and secure the victory for the Giants. That moment, along with the
    win, allowed the Giants to gain the momentum that catapulted them into a playoff
    run.

Watch the
    moment here

No. 3) Cruz goes 99 yards vs Jets: It
    was Christmas Eve 2011 and the Giants faced the cross-town rival Jets for city
    supremacy. They were down early and needed a spark as the first half was coming
    to a close. Victor Cruz provided just the spark they required. On a simple out
    route to the sideline, Cruz made multiple Jets defenders miss and exploded his
    way down the field for a shocking Giants TD. That change of momentum helped the
    Giants win the game and solidify their run toward the playoffs. It also sealed
    the fate of the Jets, all but eliminating them from playoff
    contention.

Watch the moment
    here

No. 2) Mario's Super moment: It was Super
    Bowl 46. The Giants faced the Patriots for the second time in four years. Also,
    for the second time in four years, they were underdogs. Trailing 17-15 with just
    3:45 to go in the game, Eli Manning lobbed a perfectly thrown pass down the
    sideline. The pass was placed in a spot where only his receiver, Mario
    Manningham, could bring it down, and that's exactly what he did. The catch led
    to a TD drive and an eventual coronation of the Champion New York
    Giants.

Watch
    the moment here

No. 1) Eli's Hail Mary gets
    answered:
    The Giants needed a big play to exercise the ghosts of Lambeau
    Field four years ago. They needed it again this past season. That's what they
    got. On January 15, 2012, they faced the Green Bay Packers in a Divisional
    Playoff showdown for the chance to go to the NFC Championship. They were
    underdogs to the Packers having lost to them at home just a few weeks
    before.

At the end of the first half, the Giants held a slim 13-10 lead
    over the Packers and they had possession one last time before the end of the
    half. Eli Manning heaved a pass into the end zone for one lats chance at points.
    When doing so, he kept Lawrence Tynes and a field goal attempt on the side
    line. Through multiple defenders Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks used his strong
    hands and great size to come down with the score and a lead the Giants would
    notrelinquish.

Watch the
    moment here

In the end, it was the swing of momentum the
    team needed and would use to go on to another improbable playoff run. One that
    was as explosive as it was memorable. All of these moments were exceptional by
    themselves, but combined, they add to the tapestry of legend that is New York
    Giants football."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: NEW YOUR GIANTS' FIVE MOST EXPLOSIVE MOMENTS OF LAST SEASON

Great trip down memory lane. Tks.
    CRUZ #80. GET WELL SOON!

[quote user="ashleymarie"]Great trip down memory lane. Tks.[/quote]

It was quite the playoff run
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

It was like a miracle. I remember when I made that big prediction against the Saints and it was all for not. I had to suspend myself for the rest of the regular season. One crazy poster who was my enemy, said I said that I would suspend myself for the rest of the regular season. Then when the Giants lost to the Pack, I thought it was really over. We had to look at the other teams in our division to see their results.

I think Dallas looked like they were on their way to get the upperhand but messed it up. When Giants beat them, you know the rest..

[quote user="Diamondring"]It was like a miracle. I remember when I made that big prediction against the Saints and it was all for not. I had to suspend myself for the rest of the regular season. One crazy poster who was my enemy, said I said that I would suspend myself for the rest of the regular season. Then when the Giants lost to the Pack, I thought it was really over. We had to look at the other teams in our division to see their results.

I think Dallas looked like they were on their way to get the upperhand but messed it up. When Giants beat them, you know the rest..[/quote]

"And the rest they say is HISTORY" Giants win Giants win again......hmmmmm

That blocked FG in dallas was quite possibly the most epic moment of the season.

I wish we could lock this thread in place forever.

Every offseason where were we dont win a Superbowl there is a huge number
    of posters asking to blow up the team, switch coaches, Gms, OC, DC,
    waterboy, hotdog vendors, etc.

This post show exactly how many great plays must be made at exactly the right moment in order to win a Superbowl.

You could change any 1 of those plays above and the Giants are unlikely to win the SB(exception may be the hail-mary, but hats debatable.).

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]NEW YOUR GIANTS' FIVE MOST EXPLOSIVE MOMENTS OF LAST SEASON

"With the Fourth of July comes the inevitable fireworks sessions we all will enjoy. However, New York Giants fans have had their share of fireworks they enjoyed last season. With that theme in mind, here is a list of the top five moments that made last season so memorably explosive.

No. 5) Tynes is clutch again: On January 22, 2012, the Giants faced the San Francisco 49ers in an overtime thriller for the chance to go to the Super Bowl. It was a tense NFC Championship showdown. 49ers kick returner Kyle Williams fumbles twice in the game. The second time set up a chance for Lawrence Tynes to kick a game-winning field goal to advance the Giants to the Super Bowl. Tynes didn't miss. The Giants won the game 20-17 as a direct result of that sequence of events.

Watch the moment here

No. 4) J.P.P. blocks a field goal: It was December 11, 2011 and the Dallas Cowboys were attempting a game-tying field goal as time expired. The Giants called a time out in an attempt to ice the Cowboys kicker. The next play, the Giants special teams drove through, crashing the line and allowing Jason Pierre-Paul to get just enough of an angle to block the attempt and secure the victory for the Giants. That moment, along with the win, allowed the Giants to gain the momentum that catapulted them into a playoff run.

Watch the moment here

No. 3) Cruz goes 99 yards vs Jets: It was Christmas Eve 2011 and the Giants faced the cross-town rival Jets for city supremacy. They were down early and needed a spark as the first half was coming to a close. Victor Cruz provided just the spark they required. On a simple out route to the sideline, Cruz made multiple Jets defenders miss and exploded his way down the field for a shocking Giants TD. That change of momentum helped the Giants win the game and solidify their run toward the playoffs. It also sealed the fate of the Jets, all but eliminating them from playoff contention.

Watch the moment here

No. 2) Mario's Super moment: It was Super Bowl 46. The Giants faced the Patriots for the second time in four years. Also, for the second time in four years, they were underdogs. Trailing 17-15 with just 3:45 to go in the game, Eli Manning lobbed a perfectly thrown pass down the sideline. The pass was placed in a spot where only his receiver, Mario Manningham, could bring it down, and that's exactly what he did. The catch led to a TD drive and an eventual coronation of the Champion New York Giants.

Watch the moment here

No. 1) Eli's Hail Mary gets answered: The Giants needed a big play to exercise the ghosts of Lambeau Field four years ago. They needed it again this past season. That's what they got. On January 15, 2012, they faced the Green Bay Packers in a Divisional Playoff showdown for the chance to go to the NFC Championship. They were underdogs to the Packers having lost to them at home just a few weeks before.

At the end of the first half, the Giants held a slim 13-10 lead over the Packers and they had possession one last time before the end of the half. Eli Manning heaved a pass into the end zone for one lats chance at points. When doing so, he kept Lawrence Tynes and a field goal attempt on the side line. Through multiple defenders Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks used his strong hands and great size to come down with the score and a lead the Giants would notrelinquish.

Watch the moment here

In the end, it was the swing of momentum the team needed and would use to go on to another improbable playoff run. One that was as explosive as it was memorable. All of these moments were exceptional by themselves, but combined, they add to the tapestry of legend that is New York Giants football."
    [/quote]

so if you guys were to pick a single moment that would be considered the most Explosivenumber 1 play of the 2012 NFL Season would you pick that Hail Mary at the end of the half vs GB?

Prob have to be one of the ones on the list for me. Either JPPs Block of the FG attempt vs Dallas or the Cruz 99 yarder. Without either of those there is NO PLAYOFF RUN last season.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I consider the 99 yarder by Cruz as the flame that lead to the explosion. Great come back in the first against Dallas only came after some poor play prior. They then laid out that anomaly against Washington the following week.

It seemed like offense and defense came together after Cruz's catch though, and never looked back from there. I consider that the most incendiary moment that eventually lead to the other playoff magic.