+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRAINING CAMP!

TRAINING CAMP!

Starts 3 weeks from Friday! that is all...

Re: TRAINING CAMP!

[quote user="elitosmith"]Starts 3 weeks from Friday! that is all...[/quote]

Still that far away huh. Man cant get here soon enough

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

The offseason has gone by fast imo.

Seems like the Giants just won the Super Bowl...hard to believe training camp is around the corner already.

Welp...here's hoping the Giants can avoid more injuries and stay healthy through preseason this year....it would be nice.

Has anyone been up to their camp in Albany? Is it worth going or is it too hectic?

[quote user="EJ Blue"]Has anyone been up to their camp in Albany? Is it worth going or is it too hectic?
    [/quote]

I went in 2008, it's not too bad but it helps if you know what to expect.

I stayed in a motel right across from the university, just walked across the road.

If you're not a VIP you will be standing behind a fence or sitting on a meadow depending on which practice field(s) they use. Bring a binocular or a camera with a long (300mm+) lense. If you are a photography buff and have an SLR, set your camera to aperture priority which makes the fence melt away; I have pictures that make it look like I was standing on the field with the players taking their pictures.

Also had no idea how the autograph thing worked so I was completely unprepared/unequipped for that.

But other than that I had fun. And you can kill time in Albany as well...
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="EJ Blue"]Has anyone been up to their camp in Albany? Is it worth going or is it too hectic?
    [/quote] I went in 2008, it's not too bad but it helps if you know what to expect. I stayed in a motel right across from the university, just walked across the road. If you're not a VIP you will be standing behind a fence or sitting on a meadow depending on which practice field(s) they use. Bring a binocular or a camera with a long (300mm+) lense. If you are a photography buff and have an SLR, set your camera to aperture priority which makes the fence melt away; I have pictures that make it look like I was standing on the field with the players taking their pictures. Also had no idea how the autograph thing worked so I was completely unprepared/unequipped for that. But other than that I had fun. And you can kill time in Albany as well...[/quote]

In reference to your sig . . . . homegrown talent and the Yanks??? Hmmmm

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="EJ Blue"]Has anyone been up to their camp in Albany? Is it worth going or is it too hectic?
    [/quote]

I went in 2008, it's not too bad but it helps if you know what to expect.

I stayed in a motel right across from the university, just walked across the road.

If you're not a VIP you will be standing behind a fence or sitting on a meadow depending on which practice field(s) they use. Bring a binocular or a camera with a long (300mm+) lense. If you are a photography buff and have an SLR, set your camera to aperture priority which makes the fence melt away; I have pictures that make it look like I was standing on the field with the players taking their pictures.

Also had no idea how the autograph thing worked so I was completely unprepared/unequipped for that.

But other than that I had fun. And you can kill time in Albany as well...[/quote]I remember when we had our Spring Training at UMASS Amherst. There were less fans than players. The players would just hang out with us during breaks. Then they went to Smithfield, RI.. That was a little more rugulated and a few more fans, but after a few days you pretty much met them all.. Now at Foxboro, all these strange new people came along and the team sends a few players over to designated autograph area 1/2 mile away at breaks throughout the day. Most of the bigger name players like Brady only go over a couple random times. Usually in the first day or two and its a madhouse. My oldest girl and i got a couple brady autos his first and second year. He was still a guy we thought was just going to get traded during the year when some teams QB got hurt...Fortunately Drew Bledsoe was the First QB knocked out in 2001..Find out through the team and other fans exactly how it works and keep your expectations down. You get to see your team practice, and you "may" walk away with a few autos...

[quote user="titwio"]The offseason has gone by fast imo. Seems like the Giants just won the Super Bowl...hard to believe training camp is around the corner already. Welp...here's hoping the Giants can avoid more injuries and stay healthy through preseason this year....it would be nice.[/quote]Yes It would be nice wouldnt it
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="EJ Blue"]Has anyone been up to their camp in Albany? Is it worth going or is it too hectic?
    [/quote]I have 4 boys ages ranging from 30-18 and we have been to at least one day of every camp since they started in Albany back in 96 when my oldest was like 12.....It is easy for us since we only live an hour from camp.

WE usually pack a cooler with food and drinks and make a day of it,but that was when they would practice 2x/day.....I am not sure how much difference 1x /day will make it.My boys and I have some very good memories from camps we have attended and find it always worth it......I have found times to actually chat with some players as they sign autographs(although the timing has to be right)I have seen my kids faces light up as they stalked Tiki and finally got his autograph and the look on my youngest son as we both watched Justin Tuck weave his way through the crowd unnoticed by everyone but him and I....we quietly followed him to his car and when there wasn't anyone else around approched him and he signed for my son.

Through the years we have gotten signatures from most players including Strahan and Eli(don't count on it every time)there is some luck involved,but if you try at all some autographs will occur.

Years ago it was not as crowded or popular as it has become in the last 5-7 years but we still find it a day we look forward to every year.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

All-Pro

1 Month till the first Preseason game. 2 Months till opening the season with a win vs Dallas.