+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Terrell Thomas Highlights From 2010

New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Re: Terrell Thomas Highlights From 2010

I disagree with the commenter in that video that claimed terrell thomas is a great athlete but has sloppy technique

i see it as the opposite. i dont think he locates the ball in the air quickly enough, adjusts/contorts his body good enough, and lacks a great vertical/speed. this, to me, are signs of lacking in athletic qualities.

Also, I cant believe I forgot about that james jones dropped touchdown that would've sealed the game for the packers. i remember being very pissed watching that. T2 did the same exact thing there as he did on the calvin johnson TD. trying to gamble underneath and getting the QB to think the WR is open right away. this type of technique from T2 showed up three times in this film and it worked once (he dropped a pick)

putting the negatives i took from this film aside, T2 had an above average season coverage-wise in 2010. U gotta love his competitiveness and ball skills. Real physical -- plays with a lot of heart. You need guys like that on your football team. Kinda interesting though. I remember some people saying last offseason T2 developed into our best corner because he showed more playmaking ability (ff, ints, etc) but nah -- Corey Webster gets targeted half as much as he does and was still the better giants corner in 2010 after what i saw in this vid

Thanks for the video

Is TT the hardest hitting corner i the NFL? I can't think of anyone that world really challenge him in that respect other than maybe Woodson.

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Is TT the hardest hitting corner i the NFL? I can't think of anyone that world really challenge him in that respect other than maybe Woodson.[/quote]

yeah, a large part of t2's skill set screams safety

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Is TT the hardest hitting corner i the NFL? I can't think of anyone that world really challenge him in that respect other than maybe Woodson.[/quote]

yeah, a large part of t2's skill set screams safety[/quote]

He is a solid tackler but Woodson, Flowers, Revis are all harder hitters/better tacklers. His 100 tackles in 2010 is a result of poor coverage. Like Deion says "If you can't cover, you better tackle"

I think he is a safety. He lacks quickness to play nickel and speed to play on the outside. Having a lot of picks is nice but not when you have a 60% completion pct against. He seems like a smart guy so a transition to safety wouldn't be too hard for him and he likes to play the ball instead of the man.

One of the main reasons, we lost to Philly and didn't make the playoffs that year. He is awful in coverage. Prince had better be starting or we will be in big trouble....

All-Pro

[quote user="DaDiesel"]One of the main reasons, we lost to Philly and didn't make the playoffs that year. He is awful in coverage. Prince had better be starting or we will be in big trouble....[/quote]

Thats what I keep telling people. T2 will be the 3rd CB on this team. And he will be a Giant for one more year. Good for depth at CB if he is healthy, but I think he is overrated.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="DaDiesel"]One of the main reasons, we lost to Philly and didn't make the playoffs that year. He is awful in coverage. Prince had better be starting or we will be in big trouble....[/quote]

Thats what I keep telling people. T2 will be the 3rd CB on this team. And he will be a Giant for one more year. Good for depth at CB if he is healthy, but I think he is overrated.

[/quote]

I know this is off thread, but I like your signature.

I'm not surprised Washington isn't above New York

Good video... I always like the toughness T2 shows on the field but i have to agree with some of you, T2 is better suited to play Safety.

I love TT, and think with him,were a way better team.. Hes a playmaker, and we lack that to a degree in the secondary.. I think hes the best CB we have, personally... I might be in the minority saying that, but i feel he gets a raw deal from some of u on here.. There is no one i feel has a better chance of making a game changing play in teh secondary on this team then TT...