+ Reply to Thread

TOM COUGHLIN HAS '15, 20 YEARS' LEFT

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-20-years-left

Tom Coughlin turns 66 in August. He's entered a stage in life when lesser men punch the clock one final time, shift comfortably into beach furniture and spend the next three decades complaining about the Knicks.

Not Coughlin. The New York Giants coach has given zero indication he's about to walk away from the game.

His long-time friend Ray Perkins, who coached the Giants and Tampa Bay Buccaneers back in the day, can't fathom Coughlin vanishing into retirement.

"Tom Coughlin's got another 15, 20 years in him," Perkins told the New York Post.

This generated snickers, but Perkins wasn't kidding.

"He does," Perkins said. "He works out, he takes care of himself, he feels good. He's a great coach, and I mean it. He's got 15 or 20 more years in him. And he is totally wrong if he starts thinking of retirement, in my opinion."

Two more decades of dealing with the New York media will age a man, but Coughlin has football in the blood. The game reels these coaches in, drives them to obsession and too often spits them out. It took a lifetime for Coughlin to reach these heights, and we don't expect him to walk away before he's ready to.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Re: TOM COUGHLIN HAS '15, 20 YEARS' LEFT

I dont know about 15-20 years. But Id say he has a good 5 in him
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Yeah I think 15-20 is a bit much too... I mean it was ray perkins giving that number, so take it with whatever amount of salt you want, but he's definitely not done yet. I think he'll go off into the sunset with Eli...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

I don't think the North East has a Blue Zone so 15-20 isn't realistic. He may iive that ling. I hope he lives longer but I mean I don't need a 80 year old head coach.

Coughlin actually took a bump this past season on the sideline...If he's 80 that same pump could kill him. Now I know none of us want any of our players to be responsible for Tom Coughlin's death.

Let him go another 5-7 years tops (See Eli's career through) and then put him out to pasture.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Coughlin will die on a football field somewhere. Hopefully that's in 40 years.

After four more rings eli and coughlin will retire together and be name the greatest tandem in the history of all sports.

Never will this feat happen again along with all the record eli breaks. Plus the record of two Brother winning Back to Back super bowl.. Twice

My personal guess is 3-4 years or one more Super Bowl...whichever comes first.

Starter

This man is invincible. He will be the first to coach into his 100's.

I just hope he give us 2-3 more rings, he can coach from a wheel chair for all i care

[quote user="BigBlue121"]I just hope he give us 2-3 more rings, he can coach from a wheel chair for all i care
    [/quote]

I think a J***y or Hove-A-Round would be more awesome. It shows he is accepting of today's technology.