+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggestions for additions/improvements to the Corner Forum

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=446350

This was just pinned on BBI.. I am not a member of BBI however I do browse there for new info/news daily.

Here we go again back to the new message boards which I am still baffled as to what the hold up is or why it's no longer being put in place.

Sure, it's not a big deal but it would be nice for a change.

There has been so much down time available to make the switch. If it's a problem of carrying over posts and post counts what have you just scrap it and start fresh. Does anyone really care how many posts they have? I think how BBI has it with no post count is better. Everyone here knows who everyone is by username as it is.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Re: Suggestions for additions/improvements to the Corner Forum

Also let me add I would never post on BBi, it's too large a population and TAGF seems more community to me or family if you will.

They have some good ideas in that topic like the thumbs up/thumbs down button on posts is a great idea, or ability to create polls. A message indicator that tells you if/when you have received a new message.

However we cannot do any of that without new message boards.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=446350

This was just pinned on BBI.. I am not a member of BBI however I do browse there for new info/news daily.

Here we go again back to the new message boards which I am still baffled as to what the hold up is or why it's no longer being put in place.

There has been so much down time available to make the switch. If it's a problem of carrying over posts and post counts what have you just scrap it and start fresh. Does anyone really care how many posts they have? I think how BBI has it with no post count is better. Everyone here knows who everyone is by username as it is.
    [/quote] i coulden't disagree more.. THere is nothing wrong with these boards, and no reason to change.. These boards are way better then almost any boards i've ever been on or used.. Change just for change, is stupid...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=446350

[/quote] i coulden't disagree more.. THere is nothing wrong with these boards, and no reason to change..** These boards are way better then almost any boards i've ever been on or used.. Change just for change, is stupid...[/quote]

Thumbs up.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=446350

[/quote] i coulden't disagree more.. THere is nothing wrong with these boards, and no reason to change.. These boards are way better then almost any boards i've ever been on or used.. Change just for change, is stupid...[/quote]
    It isn't change for change's sake, though. These boards are ancient and incompatible with all but a couple browsers. There's a ton of behind the scene issues that make these forums extremely difficult to moderate, such as almost no spam control. I definitely like the way these boards look, but other than that it's in dire need of an overhaul.

[/quote] i coulden't disagree more.. THere is nothing wrong with these boards, and no reason to change..** These boards are way better then almost any boards i've ever been on or used.. Change just for change, is stupid...[/quote]

Lol way better? Guess you have used some pretty ****ty forums in your day.

[/quote] i coulden't disagree more.. THere is nothing wrong with these boards, and no reason to change.. These boards are way better then almost any boards i've ever been on or used.. Change just for change, is stupid...[/quote]

These boards are over 6 years old(ie..they have NEVER been patched or updated in any way in 6 years)

I wish I could show you guys just how much of a pain in the *** it is just to delete or move a thread. I like the look of these boards, but they are horribly user UNfriendly for many things, and not just moderating. I don't know if/when the new ones are coming, but I'll inquire and let you guys know.
    “I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.”
    ― Franz Kafka

I am old and I agree. As an old-fart I dislike change.

[quote user="Die-Hard"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=446350

These boards are over 6 years old(ie..they have NEVER been patched or updated in any way in 6 years)

I wish I could show you guys just how much of a pain in the *** it is just to delete or move a thread. I like the look of these boards, but they are horribly user UNfriendly for many things, and not just moderating. I don't know if/when the new ones are coming, but I'll inquire and let you guys know.
    [/quote]

Thanks brother [B]
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

[quote user="Die-Hard"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=446350

[/quote]

Whatever you do, DO NOT pin a thread about new board updates []
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80