+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Amani is correct

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tter-than-eli/

If you read what he said, he wants a QB that is more consistent and throws less interceptions. Eli (and the Giants) have had problems with that until recently. Once the Eli of Tomorrow stays as the Eli of Today....no one will doubt Eli is better than Romo!

But I would choose Eli over Romo any day

Re: Amani is correct

[quote user="DEgiants89"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/05/toomer-says-tony-romo-is-better-than-eli/

If you read what he said, he wants a QB that is more consistent and throws less interceptions. Eli (and the Giants) have had problems with that until recently. Once the Eli of Tomorrow stays as the Eli of Today....no one will doubt Eli is better than Romo![/quote]

Pass that over, cuz whatever you're smoking must be good.

[quote user="DEgiants89"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/05/toomer-says-tony-romo-is-better-than-eli/

If you read what he said, he wants a QB that is more consistent and throws less interceptions. Eli (and the Giants) have had problems with that until recently. Once the Eli of Tomorrow stays as the Eli of Today....no one will doubt Eli is better than Romo![/quote]

A Cowboy fan friend of mine said it best... though he inversed the who is better than who

"Eli is only great when it matters and in the clutch. The rest of the time he is average. Romo is great as long as he doesnt have to be clutch and is good for about 85% of the game."

IMO that shows how Eli is better but the Cowboy fan thought that made Romo better. it is a good analysis though. There is nobody I'd rather have as my QB with 2 minutes left in the game down by 4-6 than Eli. I'd take anyone over Romo in that situation though. Romo can throw for 500 yards and 8 touchdowns and he will find a way to miraculously, single-handedly lose a game. He is the anti-clutch.
    The way Romo loses games sometimes is nothing short of miraculous. The bobbled snap, running out of bounds a yard short on a 4th down... Running past the line of scrimmage with plenty of room for the first and then throwing to an open receiver which results in a penalty... the list goes on.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="DEgiants89"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/05/toomer-says-tony-romo-is-better-than-eli/

A Cowboy fan friend of mine said it best... though he inversed the who is better than who

"Eli is only great when it matters and in the clutch.* The rest of the time he is average.* Romo is great as long as he doesnt have to be clutch and is good for about 85% of the game."*

IMO that shows how Eli is better but the Cowboy fan thought that made Romo better.* it is a good analysis though.* There is nobody I'd rather have as my QB with 2 minutes left in the game down by 4-6 than Eli.* I'd take anyone over Romo in that situation though.* Romo can throw for 500 yards and 8 touchdowns and he will find a way to miraculously, single-handedly lose a game.* He is the anti-clutch.*
    The way Romo loses games sometimes is nothing short of miraculous.* The bobbled snap, running out of bounds a yard short on a 4th down...* Running past the line of scrimmage with plenty of room for the first and then throwing to an open receiver which results in a penalty...* the list goes on.
    [/quote]

agreed. It would be great to be both but it would also be nice (even Eli said it) that if we just blow them away and win without needing to come down to the final minutes! It doesn't do my heart good =\

If you read what he said, he wants a QB that is more consistent and throws less interceptions. Eli (and the Giants) have had problems with that until recently. Once the Eli of Tomorrow stays as the Eli of Today....no one will doubt Eli is better than Romo!

But I would choose Eli over Romo any day[/quote]

Doesn't that mean they are not as bad as they were? It seems to me that Eli must be consistent enough to win 2 Super Bowls in four years.

This article is no more relevant or accurate than what any poster here might argue. Toomer is entitled to his opinions and that's all this is.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="DEgiants89"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/05/toomer-says-tony-romo-is-better-than-eli/ If you read what he said, he wants a QB that is more consistent and throws less interceptions. Eli (and the Giants) have had problems with that until recently. Once the Eli of Tomorrow stays as the Eli of Today....no one will doubt Eli is better than Romo! But I would choose Eli over Romo any day[/quote]

Doesn't that mean they are not as bad as they were? It seems to me that Eli must be consistent enough to win 2 Super Bowls in four years.

This article is no more relevant or accurate than what any poster here might argue. Toomer is entitled to his opinions and that's all this is.
    [/quote]

He caught some hell from callers on Sirius today!! He was getting pissed and giving right back.

What people are forgetting is **** like this is what put the chip on Eli's shoulders LAST year and 2007. That's the Eli I want!!! The one that had that look in his eye during the National Anthem!! Eli eats the critic's lunch!!

REPEAT BABY!!!!!

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Toomer appears to want to follow Tiki straight into the unemployment line

I get that he's trying not to show favoritism, but this is ridiculous. It's an insane comparison that only holds true with stats. Crunch time is when it really matters, and there is no one else I'd want under center than Eli in that situation.
    “I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.”
    ― Franz Kafka

What stat did Romo outshine Eli in besides interceptions?

Completion percentage? And this is supposed to be the mark for consistency... not 4th quarter comebacks?

That would be almost like praising drew brees for completing 70% of his passes. You have to take for account the offense of which Tony executes. The cowboys throw a ton of high percentage passes in their offense. I see a high number of screens, dump offs, and last option checkdowns in the passing game.

The Giants led the NFL in big plays completed downfield and ATTEMPTS. They are NOT a high percentage passing offense. It makes Eli's completion 61% all the more impressive

Oh ok, Romo threw 6 less interceptions than Eli. That completely eliminates the 4th qtr comebacks, better passing statistics, playoff wins, and a superbowl title

I'm highly disappointed in amani toomer

I used to basjh Eli's "high" throws, lack of tight spiral into the wind, and holding the ball too long.
    But he obviously corrected these issues. Not a problem last season at all.

Eli has only had true interception issues in 2006, 2007 and 2010.

that was back when he was 25 years old, and when the team's receivers were very young. Eli is always going to have a higher number of picks. he's a gunslinger, and its the type of offense the team plays. Warren Moon would also through close to 20 interceptions a year with the Oilers, does Amani want Romo over Warren Moon? how about Alex Smith? he never throws interceptions either.

3 out of the past 4 seasons Eli has posted under 3% interceptions. troll harder Amani