+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Eli 5th on Jaws QB Countdown

No surprise here, wouldn't expect former-Eagle and notorious Giants hater Jaws to give Eli the credit he deserves.

I guess he picked him as a top 5... behind 2 guys he beat in the playoffs, a guy who leads a team he swept last year and a guy that hasn't played in a year and a half. Eli has more rings than 3 of those guys, and more SB MVPs as well.

Should at least be above Peyton, considering we have no idea if Peyton is still the QB he was.

Re: Eli 5th on Jaws QB Countdown

[quote user="FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts"]No surprise here, wouldn't expect former-Eagle and notorious Giants hater Jaws to give Eli the credit he deserves.

I guess he picked him as a top 5... behind 2 guys he beat in the playoffs, a guy who leads a team he swept last year and a guy that hasn't played in a year and a half. Eli has more rings than 3 of those guys, and more SB MVPs as well.

Should at least be above Peyton, considering we have no idea if Peyton is still the QB he was.
    [/quote]

hard to discredit Breez, Brady, Peyton, or Rodgers

I think it was a fair ranking as of right now

Fear the name, appreciate the game

I got no issues with 5th. Until the INTS come down thats a pretty fair assessment. Its not like he is below Romo, Flacco, or Big Ben

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts"]No surprise here, wouldn't expect former-Eagle and notorious Giants hater Jaws to give Eli the credit he deserves.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Honestly my biggest gripe is the fact that Peyton Manning, who had more neck surgeries than snaps last year is ahead of the reigning Superbowl MVP.

Based on that, I'm surprised Andrew Luck and RGIII didn't make the list; they played just as many games as Peyton did.

lol.

Eli should be moved up 4 spots.

But watch my smoke. Week 6
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Starter

[quote user="FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Honestly my biggest gripe is the fact that Peyton Manning, who had more neck surgeries than snaps last year is ahead of the reigning Superbowl MVP.

Based on that, I'm surprised Andrew Luck and RGIII didn't make the list; they played just as many games as Peyton did.
    [/quote]

Stop being so sour. Eli at #5 is just fine. Gives him more of a reason to go out this season and show the "experts" how wrong they are.

[/quote]

A notorious Giant hater putting their quarterback at fifth best in the league?

If the guy let his opinions of teams influence his job, Eli wouldn't be placed fifth on his list.

Jaws is one of the easier analysts on ESPN to listen to.

[/quote]

i think Eli should be ahead of Peyton at this point! hard to jump ahead of Brees, Rodgers and Brady although he did play better down the stretch than any of those guys.

id rate Eli a solid 4th in the league now!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally agree.

Ha ha . . . . look at the Eli picture that PFT has on its article about Eli being number 5 on Jaws' list . . . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-quarterback/

All-Pro

I think that's fair.