+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

All in for Joe Martinek

I am very excited to watch Joe in pre-season. I really think he offers us a 3d down back spot and maybe more. We lost several games with tip toe Jacobs. I am not an expert at football, but having watched for sixty years, I think I can see a player when I see one. He could be the hard runner we have lacked for years, combining speed, power, and running ability. If I'm wrong, fine, but if you are one of these know it alls, forget answering this post.. I'll already admit that this is a stretch, but one can't help but hope.

Re: All in for Joe Martinek

I think he'll be a good player. He never really had a line at Rutgers, and hopefully he can transition and take the next step.

Well, he does 2 things that TC demands from his RB's:

1. He blocks for the QB
    2. He catches the ball well

At 224 lbs. he's gonna have to bulk up more IMO. And he doesn't look that explosive either. I like him too, but with Wilsonm, Ware, Scott & Brown in front of him he might start the season on the practice squad and then work his way up.

Banned

I dont see Martinek being anything more then a special teams player and MAYBE #3 on the RB depth chart. Not bashing the guy...but i see no realistic possiblity of him surplanting Bradshaw, Wilson, or even Ware. And im going out on a limb and saying he has no chance of beating out Hynoski.

[quote user="Cool Papa B."]Well, he does 2 things that TC demands from his RB's: 1. He blocks for the QB 2. He catches the ball well At 224 lbs. he's gonna have to bulk up more IMO. And he doesn't look that explosive either. I like him too, but with Wilsonm, Ware, Scott & Brown in front of him he might start the season on the practice squad and then work his way up.[/quote]Ware and Brown could easily be gone but that still puts him no better than #4. I wish him all the best but we've got guys who do what he does, only they do it better.
    No one remembers who came in second.

both Ware and Brown have been warming benches for years now so if Martinek can't beat either of them out for a roster spot then he wouldn't be much good for the team anyway. Now having said that I have heard from sports writers that this kid has the goods and should have a decent career in the NFL...

Banned

[quote user="mainegiantsfan"]I am very excited to watch Joe in pre-season. I am not an expert at football, but having watched for sixty years, He could be the hard runner we have lacked for years, .[/quote]

How exactly does Bradshaw not run hard? While i have watched Giants football for "only" 35+ years i would love for you to point out to me a harder running RB then Bradshaw. Bradshaws determined running is what endeared me to the kid in the first place!

All I can say is that if he hopes to make the final roster, he better play damn good ST's.

All-Pro

I don't dislike Ware, I just think he lacks a dynamic effect. What do I know though, he was just part of a Super Bowl winning team.

I like Martinek a lot and hope he makes the team. The problem he has is that they already have a least 4 guys ahead of him.

He is a a good blocker and plays bigger than he is. He can also catch the ball very well and has some good wheels. I just don't know if the have enough room for him. Bradshaw and Wilson will abviously make the team. Ware has the benefit of being in the team for a while. They drafted Scott jus last year and you don wan to give up on that kind of speed so soon. Brown was looking good in pre season last year as well.

If he can show something, he would be plus vs. Ware or Scott in terms of salary cap impact. He'll need to be a beast on ST which was stated earlier.
    No one remembers who came in second.