+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NFL LIVE has Giants "Last Out"

Said the Giants will be one of 5 teams to make the playoffs last year (broncos, bengals, lions, and falcons) that will miss the playoffs entirely this year (Speciffically Shlerith and Wiley). Dan Graziano (ESPN NFCE blotter) said he ranks the giants second between the Cowboys and Eagles cited the loss of Jacobs and Manningham as absolutely killer.

Wiley said it will be because of their incredibly hard schedule

Shlerith said it was because of the Giants "lack of fundemental building blocks such as lack of strong running game and the inability to control the line of scrimmage.

They both have Dal and Phi going to the playoffsin 2012

Re: NFL LIVE has Giants "Last Out"

the loss of jacobs and manningham? LOL. You'd think graziano could come up with something better than that being that he covers the nfc east. wow

jacobs was a great leader, but on the field wasn't getting it done. loss of manningham, should we forget the giants still have cruz and nicks?

I think last years schedule looked tougher than this years. i dont think the difference of playing SF/GB instead of detroit/chicago and arizona/seattle is good enough to separate the giants from winning the division. Detroit and chicago are absolutely playoff contenders that philly/dallas wont roll through. arizona and seattle are great up-and-coming teams although i guess u can say those are "lock" wins for dallas/phi

its just 2 team differences in schedule compared to the rest of the division

I think a healthy snee and hopefully an improved baas will help slightly improve the offensive line play. They went from terrible to average once diehl wasnt sucking at guard/beatty was hurt. I'm thinking they go slightly above average. Combine that with the massive potential David Wilson brings, I think the running game will be above average to solid statistically this year. Don't think they'll be a top 10 rushing offense, but much better than last year

It looks as if all the analysts see the giants as a team that didnt go on the run they did because of improved health, but some sort of luck that will turn off this year. ignorance.

[quote user="Neverend"]the loss of jacobs and manningham? LOL. You'd think graziano could come up with something better than that being that he covers the nfc east. wow

jacobs was a great leader, but on the field wasn't getting it done. loss of manningham, should we forget the giants still have cruz and nicks?

I think last years schedule looked tougher than this years. i dont think the difference of playing SF/GB instead of detroit/chicago and arizona/seattle is good enough to separate the giants from winning the division. Detroit and chicago are absolutely playoff contenders that philly/dallas wont roll through. arizona and seattle are great up-and-coming teams although i guess u can say those are "lock" wins for dallas/phi

its just 2 team differences in schedule compared to the rest of the division

I think a healthy snee and hopefully an improved baas will help slightly improve the offensive line play. They went from terrible to average once diehl wasnt sucking at guard/beatty was hurt. I'm thinking they go slightly above average. Combine that with the massive potential David Wilson brings, I think the running game will be above average to solid statistically this year. Don't think they'll be a top 10 rushing offense, but much better than last year

It looks as if all the analysts see the giants as a team that didnt go on the run they did because of improved health, but some sort of luck that will turn off this year. ignorance.[/quote]

right. graziano is a moron. "they lost jacobs and MM and didnt do a thing to replace them...well they did draft two players but theyre just draft picks..." all the while claiming dallas and philly leap frogged us bc of their draft picks...

i always found his blog to be mundane and flat without any real value

and az beat dallas and seattle beat philly last season, dont see why they couldnt this season.

and i agree...complete lack of respect with the whole "we got lucky. we arent legit SB champs" bs

edit-shlareth-people forget, this is a 7-7 team. (lmfao. such ignorance)

and woody is even worse, he just comes off as being a moron to be honest. he said we wouldnt make the playoffs bc nicks hurt his foot. yeah, goodbye playoffs, nicks may miss the first 3 preseason games...

me and u could put together a way more entertaining, informative show. legit imo...and not just bc of my model looks
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

This is the typical pre-season Cowboy - Eagle love fest. I don't think they hate the Giants and I have to admitt there were a couple of times lasst year that Shlerith actually said something nice about the Giants. I think these guys just are Eagles and Cowboy fans at heart. Look at Toomer he's even a closet Cowboy fan... Just something the Giants fans will have to deal with. You know Green Bay didn't have a great record the year before...

Until our new OL can prove it's better than the last I agree with the statement that we cannot control the line of scrimmage. Of all the elements that make up our team it's the OL that should have us fans worried the most.

[quote user="Snappinnecks"]Until our new OL can prove it's better than the last I agree with the statement that we cannot control the line of scrimmage. Of all the elements that make up our team it's the OL that should have us fans worried the most.[/quote]What Giants need to worry about is do they have extra blockers. The O-line looked like it was getting things together especialy in the playoffs when KG changed some of the blocking schemes in the run game.

I think that the O-linemen did more double team blocking.

All-Pro

I agree that the OL is a huge issue and could keep them from the playoffs.

What I disagree with s that the loss of a couple of players will prevent them from winning games. Not to discount what they brought to the team, but the Giants have already showed they can survive losing players. I mean it might not happen every year, but I think, hope, JJ and Randle can handle what Manningham gave them last year. Wilson might not be able to truck people or block like Jacobs but he is shifty and super fast. Again, if the OL can't block it wouldn't matter who they have running the ball. If they do improve I think Wilson can have just as good a season if not better than Jacobs. He was a good team player though.

As far as th schedule, yes it is tough. So is the schedule for the rest of the East. The entire NFC East plays 8 common opponents and 6 divisional games. Yes, 1 game makes a difference, and the Giants have to play Green Bay and the 49ers. It's not like the other teams schedules are so easy. So I'd say it goes to show what the experts think of the Giants talent. They think every QB in the division is better than Eli and the rest of those teams with the exception of Washington have better all round talent.

Veteran

Graziano has zero credibility. All last year he dissed Jacobs saying he was a bully with reporters who didn't play like one on the field. Now he is 1 of the reasons they will miss the playoffs? What a joke. How will they ever replace his 3.8 YPC?

Instead of whinging about the fact that this is the 251st "Wah we don't get any respect" thread, I'm just going to post an amusing cat gif and leave

All-Pro

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Instead of whinging about the fact that this is the 251st "Wah we don't get any respect" thread, I'm just going to post an amusing cat gif and leave

[/quote]

All you need to add to that gif is abandon thread...