+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants v. Pats wk 17, 2007

On NFLN now. God damn the crowd was so into it that game. Jacobs looks incredible and young.

Re: Giants v. Pats wk 17, 2007

[quote user="gmen0820"]On NFLN now. God damn the crowd was so into it that game. Jacobs looks incredible and young.[/quote]

Mark it down, GMEN will miss Jabobs more than any other player that left.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

I doubt it. Jacobs stood out because he looked so good in this 07 game, so much better then the sluggish play of years past.

[quote user="gmen0820"]I doubt it. Jacobs stood out because he looked so good in this 07 game, so much better then the sluggish play of years past.[/quote]

very true. i guess his style of play really caught up to him physically the past few years, because the difference you noted is very noticeable. so much more burst thru the LOS back then and just an overall more powerful runner. never lost his fire though, and as frustrating a player he could be in my eyes, ill miss the energy he brought to the offense.

[quote user="jax5338"][quote user="gmen0820"]I doubt it. Jacobs stood out because he looked so good in this 07 game, so much better then the sluggish play of years past.[/quote]

very true. i guess his style of play really caught up to him physically the past few years, because the difference you noted is very noticeable. so much more burst thru the LOS back then and just an overall more powerful runner. never lost his fire though, and as frustrating a player he could be in my eyes, ill miss the energy he brought to the offense.
    [/quote]Not to mention how much more explosive he was off tackle, and east and west. After 2008, every Giant fan was wondering what Gilbride was thinking having such a big back and running him off tackle as opposed to north and south. But Jacobs, before he declined, was very effective going east and west.

I saw him cutting back, reversing field, and a burst he hadn't shown in a while, and he still finished runs with beating people into the ground, even tough safeties like Rodney Harrison.

I'm so glad we won the SB this year, because I'd really miss those Giants days if I were to watch that game now having missed the playoffs 3 years in a row.

Ugh...I wish Cablevision carries NFLN.

I remeber the game so well and the build up to the game. Should TC sit the starters, or not? I remember how fans and sportscasters killed him for playing the reg's. But it was the right move.

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[quote user="gmen0820"]On NFLN now. God damn the crowd was so into it that game. Jacobs looks incredible and young.[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don't think they are going to miss any of the players that left, I think they have aquired some pretty credible talent to take their place and I for one am excited!

All-Pro

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[/quote]I think the guys we brought in to replace him and what was on roster to move up will be more then good enough.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Also Jacobs will inspire the SF Crowd with the occasional long carry running over defenders along the way. However he will also get stood up on short yardage and do his tio toe act. I also won't miss his stone hands out of backfield
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I think we will be fine and I think Brandon Jacobs will do very well with that great Oline in San Francisco.

It was awesome how he showed up and played great in playoffs and SuperBowl XLVI for us this year.

We will always miss Brandon Jacobs.