+ Reply to Thread

I love this team

I don't know why I'm making a post about this.....but I friggin love this team.

With every struggle to the top, with every underdog win, with everyone underrating us even after championships....it just makes me that much more attached.

We never get an all star status regardless of how many hardships we go through and come out successful but that's just what being a Giants fan is to me, having your back against the wall and being against the world at all times.

Yet for some reason it still infuriates me when I watch youtube videos of our SB wins and I see a bunch of jealous envious idiots' comments about how we got "lucky" by Tyree, Manningham, good defenses, refs.....I've heard it all

Re: I love this team

I couldn't be happier to be a fan of any other team. What this franchise represents and how they've built success is a real tribute to us fans. NYG is a TEAM through and through. The antithesis of selfish. They reached the top through HARD WORK. And as reigning world champs they now carry themselves with dignity and class. Humble, unselfish, hard working lunch pail guys. I love this team too!

[quote user="fourth&forever"]I couldn't be happier to be a fan of any other team. What this franchise represents and how they've built success is a real tribute to us fans. NYG is a TEAM through and through. The antithesis of selfish. They reached the top through HARD WORK. And as reigning world champs they now carry themselves with dignity and class. Humble, unselfish, hard working lunch pail guys. I love this team too![/quote]
    I couldn't agree more. Blue collar from the players to the coaches to the ownership. Very old school franchise with no bells and whistles.

And I agree the most with the unselfishness. When people think of stat beasts in the league, our players are rarely mentioned. But as a team, we're the best. Best philosophy for winning.

it's getting to the point where: screw 'em. they are just trying for ratings.. of course we are the safer team to win nfce over philly and dallas. we are in the biggest market, hence there is the most to gain by doubting gints; it also gets jets fans less butthurt and watching more sportscentre.

I believe in ELI!

[quote user="Ahmad44rushHARD"]it's getting to the point where: screw 'em. they are just trying for ratings.. of course we are the safer team to win nfce over philly and dallas. we are in the biggest market, hence there is the most to gain by doubting gints; it also gets jets fans less butthurt and watching more sportscentre.

I believe in ELI![/quote]
    I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for those losers (Jets fans) to watch the last SB with 2 teams that they can't stand/compete with.

Port St. Lucie, FL (originally from Avenel, NJ)

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!!!

And I love the G-MEN.

LET'S GO GIANTS!!!!

All-Pro

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="Ahmad44rushHARD"]it's getting to the point where: screw 'em. they are just trying for ratings.. of course we are the safer team to win nfce over philly and dallas. we are in the biggest market, hence there is the most to gain by doubting gints; it also gets jets fans less butthurt and watching more sportscentre.

I believe in ELI![/quote]
    I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for those losers (Jets fans) to watch the last SB with 2 teams that they can't stand/compete with.
    [/quote]I guess it would be kinda like us having to watch the Jets play Philly in a SB.... Heaven forbid!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="Ahmad44rushHARD"]it's getting to the point where: screw 'em. they are just trying for ratings.. of course we are the safer team to win nfce over philly and dallas. we are in the biggest market, hence there is the most to gain by doubting gints; it also gets jets fans less butthurt and watching more sportscentre. I believe in ELI![/quote]
    [/quote]I guess it would be kinda like us having to watch the Jets play Philly in a SB.... Heaven forbid![/quote]Dont even go there!!!!! Uh-oh, You just doomed us. Hang up the cleats and helmets. The world would end the day before they even played the SB. I promise that.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

[quote user="egyptian420"]I don't know why I'm making a post about this.....but I friggin love this team.

With every struggle to the top, with every underdog win, with everyone underrating us even after championships....it just makes me that much more attached.

We never get an all star status regardless of how many hardships we go through and come out successful but that's just what being a Giants fan is to me, having your back against the wall and being against the world at all times.

Yet for some reason it still infuriates me when I watch youtube videos of our SB wins and I see a bunch of jealous envious idiots' comments about how we got "lucky" by Tyree, Manningham, good defenses, refs.....I've heard it all
    [/quote]
    +1. Me too. I love that it the Giants fight most when the chips are on the line. A truly mentally tough team.