+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: You guys

You guys

Consider GB a rival now since we have played in big games the last 5 years? It seems like their is building hatred between the two teams now then ever. I remember before the 07 title game there was lots of love between these two clubs. After the wild week 13 game it seems like the two teams dislike each other then the playoff game you could tell the Giants were out for blood. Thoughts?

Re: You guys

We tend to reserve our "hatred" for Division Rivals. We might squeeze the Patriots and Jets in.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]We tend to reserve our "hatred" for Division Rivals. We might squeeze the Patriots and Jets in.
    [/quote]I agree, there is no hatred for or rivalry with the Packers. Their fans are too lovable and classyto be a hated rival like the 'girls, iggles, pets and jets.

True rivalries almost have to be inside the division due to so much history on the field over a decade or more.

No one remembers who came in second.

Not at all. I don't see any rivalry budding between the Giants and the Pack. Both are high class organizations with(and I might be biased) great fanbases[]

Maybe in Wisconsin they are getting sick of us.

But from my angle in NY, I only see respect for the Pack & their fans.

[quote user="Lambeau12"]Consider GB a rival now since we have played in big games the last 5 years? It seems like their is building hatred between the two teams now then ever. I remember before the 07 title game there was lots of love between these two clubs. After the wild week 13 game it seems like the two teams dislike each other then the playoff game you could tell the Giants were out for blood. Thoughts?[/quote]

Honestly, I think it's more in the heads of Packers fans.Giants fans have no reason for any hatred........other than the zebras giving you the regular season game and trying to give you the playoff game....we barely think about you.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

All-Pro

I agree. I mean even though these are two of the original teams going way way back, I really don't think there was ever hatred. Mutual respect is more like it. Even now... We have no reason to dislike Rodgers or Matthews. Both class guys. On the other hand some of the players on our rival teams like Vick, desean Jackson we really don't like
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="Lambeau12"]Consider GB a rival now since we have played in big games the last 5 years? It seems like their is building hatred between the two teams now then ever. I remember before the 07 title game there was lots of love between these two clubs. After the wild week 13 game it seems like the two teams dislike each other then the playoff game you could tell the Giants were out for blood. Thoughts?[/quote]

Honestly, I think it's more in the heads of Packers fans.Giants fans have no reason for any hatred........other than the zebras giving you the regular season game and trying to give you the playoff game....we barely think about you.

[/quote]This is the truth, no disrespect meant but it just never enters our consciousness like it seems to dominate Packers fans heads.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I think it would be sweet to see a game out in your stadium. I wish I could afford it this year. Anyways had we beat you guys in 07 I think we would have lost to NE anyway. There was no way we would have stopped the Pats offense that year. We want no part of you guys even on our homefield now. In the Meadowlands maybe cause we won there last year. Oh and Giant fans please let the poor officiating go in that game cause you beat us in the playoffs. I know we had some favorable calls but just let it go. You guys were the better team. We have to beat the best which is you guys to be the best this year.

i wouldnt call them rivals, but the past few years they definitely have played some big games that were fun to watch and we all look forward to the next game they play.