+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giants Versus Saints, No Comparison

Re: Giants Versus Saints, No Comparison

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]Inasmuch as how they do business with their QBs. Isn't Brees still looking for a long term contract. The QB is the most important player on your Team. As much as I would like to see the Saints implode ( And they've been doing a good job so far ) A SB winning QB who sets passing records, shouldn't have to stand in line waiting His turn to get a contract.[/quote]</P>

So the Saints should pay him whatever he wants???* $100M per year if that's what it took?</P>

The Saints are not low-balling him.* He has been offered $20M per year and is demanding $25M per year (when the team salary cap is $120M).* The Saints are doing exactly what I would want my team to do.</P>[/quote]

How much money is a Super Bowl worth ? ( There's a question for the ages ) Well Dan Snyder must be nearing the Billion Dollar mark on the money He's spent trying to buy one. Yeah, pay the man.

Cue Enie Accorsi

" You never know how hard it is to find a really good QB, until you're forced to go looking for one. "

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]Inasmuch as how they do business with their QBs. Isn't Brees still looking for a long term contract. The QB is the most important player on your Team. As much as I would like to see the Saints implode ( And they've been doing a good job so far ) A SB winning QB who sets passing records, shouldn't have to stand in line waiting His turn to get a contract.[/quote]</P>

So the Saints should pay him whatever he wants??? $100M per year if that's what it took?</P>

The Saints are not low-balling him. He has been offered $20M per year and is demanding $25M per year (when the team salary cap is $120M). The Saints are doing exactly what I would want my team to do.</P>

[/quote] How much money is a Super Bowl worth ? ( There's a question for the ages ) Well Dan Snyder must be nearing the Billion Dollar mark on the money He's spent trying to buy one. Yeah, pay the man. Cue Enie Accorsi " You never know how hard it is to find a really good QB, until you're forced to go looking for one. "[/quote]</P>

Although it is difficult to translate your post, it appears that your answer is "Yes", the Saints should pay Brees whatever he wants, even if it's $100M per year.</P>

You realize that there is a salary cap, right?</P>

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]They just need a QB who can run the spread in NO. Guys like Colt Brennan and Case Keenum would probably do well in NO. They are basically a hybridized spread offense...
    Brees is really good don't get me wrong, but I think he is partially a result of the system.
    [/quote]
    This right here. Brees is an excellent QB, but his success is as much Payton's system as it is because of his own skills. Take a look at his numbers before going to NO. They were decent (for the most part, particularly his last couple years there), but nothing like they have been since he got to NO.

All-Pro

You have to think they will get something done prior to season starting, but the longer it goes the worse it gets. You can't help but think either way this will leave a bad taste in his mouth towards the Saints ownership.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]Inasmuch as how they do business with their QBs. Isn't Brees still looking for a long term contract. The QB is the most important player on your Team. As much as I would like to see the Saints implode ( And they've been doing a good job so far ) A SB winning QB who sets passing records, shouldn't have to stand in line waiting His turn to get a contract.[/quote]

The CBA is based on fairness (in theory). This time, it works against a player who could probably hold the team hostage if there was no franchise tag.

I'm sure it's frustrating to a point, but the CBA was made in part to prevent what he's trying to do.

We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

+ Reply to Thread