+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

FORMER GIANTS' WIDE RECEIVER PLAXICO BURRESS: "ELI MANNING IS ARGUABLY THE BEST QB IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW"

FORMER GIANTS' WIDE RECEIVER PLAXICO BURRESS: "ELI MANNING IS ARGUABLY THE BEST QB IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW"

"File this under the "I didn't expect to hear that today" category, but while
    appearing on WFAN Monday morning, former New York
    Giants
    wide receiver and current free agent, Plaxico
    Burress
    , said that former teammate Eli
    Manning
    is quite possibly the best quarterback in the NFL today.

"Eli is arguably the best quarterback in football right now," Burress said.

With that statement, Burress joins a growing list of former Giants who have
    come to the defense of Eli following some shocking comments courtesy of the retired Amani
    Toomer
    in which he named Tony Romo
    as the premiere quarterback in the NFC East.

Toomer's comments, which he's defended endlessly since making them last week,
    have stirred up quite the controversy during an otherwise quiet pre-training
    camp calm. They've also brought a lot of Manning's former teammates -including Derrick Ward, Michael Strahan, Brandon Jacobs and
    even Jeremy Shockey- out from the shadows; all of whom have defended Eli tooth
    and nail.

To hear both Shockey and Burress defend Eli is quite telling. At best, both
    players had a tenuous relationship with Manning, but they also significantly
    benefited from his talent. It's a testament to how solid a QB Manning really is,
    and a far cry from the things you hear from Romo's former teammates."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: FORMER GIANTS' WIDE RECEIVER PLAXICO BURRESS: "ELI MANNING IS ARGUABLY THE BEST QB IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW"

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]FORMER GIANTS' WIDE RECEIVER PLAXICO BURRESS:* "ELI MANNING IS ARGUABLY THE BEST QB IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW"

Giants
    Burress
    Manning

come to the defense of Eli following some shocking comments courtesy of the retired Amani
    Toomer

camp calm. They've also brought a lot of Manning's former teammates -including Derrick Ward, Michael Strahan, Brandon Jacobs and
    and nail.

benefited from his talent. It's a testament to how solid a QB Manning really is,

[/quote]
    While I will say that this is quite a twist considering Amani was probably considered the goody goody "team first" receiver of old and Plax always seemed like the rebel "me first" receiver. I'm not totally convinced that the timing of Plax being a free agent has absolutely nothing to do with this. Too bad for him the Giants are stacked at receiver, last year was his window (if he even had a shot then) and he shattered it. If this isn't a ploy however, he deserves a lot of props; Eli never did him any wrong so it's not out of the realm of possibility this is genuine and not incidental, but I remain a skeptic with his track record.

Re: FORMER GIANTS' WIDE RECEIVER PLAXICO BURRESS: "ELI MANNING IS ARGUABLY THE BEST QB IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW"

It is always good to have "Albert Einstein" weigh in on matters like this RF. []
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"]It is always good to have "Albert Einstein" weigh in on matters like this RF. [][/quote]

I was actually expecting a resurgence of "bring Plax back" threads [:S]
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

nice try Plax. We still don't want you back, thanks.

[quote user="jomo"]It is always good to have "Albert Einstein" weigh in on matters like this RF. [][/quote]

lol

[quote user="FearNYGiants"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]FORMER GIANTS' WIDE RECEIVER PLAXICO BURRESS:* "ELI MANNING IS ARGUABLY THE BEST QB IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW"

Giants
    Burress
    Manning

Toomer

and nail.

[/quote]
    While I will say that this is quite a twist considering Amani was probably considered the goody goody "team first" receiver of old and Plax always seemed like the rebel "me first" receiver. I'm not totally convinced that the timing of Plax being a free agent has absolutely nothing to do with this. Too bad for him the Giants are stacked at receiver, last year was his window (if he even had a shot then) and he shattered it. If this isn't a ploy however, he deserves a lot of props; Eli never did him any wrong so it's not out of the realm of possibility this is genuine and not incidental, but I remain a skeptic with his track record.[/quote]

LOL @ Stacked,

I think some of us are still on a champagne buzz from Super Sunday.

How can we be stacked at WR when one of outide threats left in freeagency and there's an open competition for his spot?

That's the opposite of stacked.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

I never thought I would hear that coming from his mouth. Does he really mean that, or does he desparately want a job right now?

LOL sometimes players can be as fair-weathered as some fans.

[quote user="Cool Papa B."]I never thought I would hear that coming from his mouth. Does he really mean that, or does he desparately want a job right now? LOL sometimes players can be as fair-weathered as some fans.[/quote]

Yeah his been talking up every team in the NFL lately trying to sign

The Gigalo with the most below

Bring Plax back.